Biden Considering ‘Every Tool’ To Attack Second Amendment As Leftists Push ‘National Emergency’ Declaration

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“Among the executive actions under consideration by the administration is one that would require buyers of so-called ghost guns — homemade or makeshift firearms that lack serial numbers — to undergo background checks,” Politico reported. A White House official told Politico that Biden was considering “every tool at our disposal, including executive actions” to crack down on the Second Amendment.

Biden wants to ban so-called “assault weapons,” which are semi-automatic firearms. He also wants to ban so-called “high-capacity magazines,” an ultimately arbitrary term. Biden has previously said he wants to ban magazines that can hold “multiple bullets,” which would include all magazines. He also wants to end gun manufacturers’ immunity from liability, which would likely devastate the firearms industry quickly.

John Feinblatt, president of the left-wing, Michael Bloomberg-backed Everytown for Gun Safety, said that his organization is the “strongest” pro-gun control administration “in history” and that they have “full confidence they’re going to govern like it.”

SamSpade

I'm always puzzled by this - how many of these kind of legally purchased weapons are ever used against other people? You know, like - murder, mayhem, crime, robbery?

Why do people think "banning scary weapons" in any way reduces crime?

Reactions: BOP

limblips

PREMO Member
I'm always puzzled by this - how many of these kind of legally purchased weapons are ever used against other people? You know, like - murder, mayhem, crime, robbery?

It is the age old way of dealing with something you can't deal with. Do something regardless of the known outcome so you can get in front of a camera and tout what you did with statistic that mean nothing.

SamSpade

It is the age old way of dealing with something you can't deal with. Do something regardless of the known outcome so you can get in front of a camera and tout what you did with statistic that mean nothing.

Most firearm homicides are done with handguns. As in 97% of them. You wanna stop gun deaths?
Ban handguns. And see how that is going to go over.

And it would be pointless. It would be like banning the sale of hammers or knives or baseball bats.
Criminals don't buy guns at the local ammo shop, and there's a billion guns out there already.

The ONLY thing this accomplishes is just as you say - it gives some clueless pol a chance to feel good about themselves.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
would require buyers of so-called ghost guns — homemade or makeshift firearms that lack serial numbers — to undergo background checks,”

How on earth do those morons plan to identify those who are "buyers of so-called ghost guns"??? That's not how that works..that not how any of that works.

SamSpade

I think the pandemic opened the door for lefties that virtually ANYTHING no matter how extreme can be passed if they can effectively rule it as a national emergency.

Look for a LOT more of this in the future. I am sure anything remotely connected to climate change will be a national emergency.

limblips

PREMO Member

Toxick

Splat

Because if you're intellectually lazy, vacuous, and as smart as a jelly filled water-balloon - as most people are - the logic is this:

Many people use guns to commit crimes.​
If you get rid of guns, you will get rid of crime where guns are used.
You've eliminated a portion of crime​
QED.​
"Crime" minus "Gun-Crime" equals "Less CRIME!"​
You have LESS crime what's left isn't nearly as dangerous because there're NO GUNS involved!​
WIN-WIN-WIN!​
Zero sum games are delightful for people who heads generate minimal voltages. It's clean and neat and balanced. As all things should be.

****ing idiots.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Financial institutions are eager to turn over customer data
So what? Every rifle I build is with parts from an incredible array of sources. Varies every time. I don't care who your computer gurus are, you can't figure out who has built what when.
This one, for example..built from parts from 6 different companies...and, of course, like all of them, built on an untraceable 80% lower.Just like they did in the 1700s.....

Oh..and lets play "guess the caliber" on this one.

Bare-ya-cuda

So what? Every rifle I build is with parts from an incredible array of sources. Varies every time. I don't care who your computer gurus are, you can't figure out who has built what when.
This one, for example..built from parts from 6 different companies...and, of course, like all of them, built on an untraceable 80% lower.Just like they did in the 1700s.....

Oh..and lets play "guess the caliber" on this one. View attachment 155439
I agree with you 100%. First the BATFE classifies 80% lowers as a firearm. We all know they can and will do this if urged to do so from Capitol Hill. If financial institutions did rollover and provide customer data I would imagine it would be somewhat recent in order to pursue those who have bought them. Even if you use several sources all you need is one hit and your on the radar.
Is it a bridge to far for the ATF, more than likely as it would take the mam power of the IRS to comb through all the transactions of the many companies out there.

Bare-ya-cuda

Oh, and that looks like a nice build.

stgislander

PREMO Member

Oooooohhhh. I'm scared just looking at a picture of it. :eek:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I agree with you 100%. First the BATFE classifies 80% lowers as a firearm. We all know they can and will do this if urged to do so from Capitol Hill. If financial institutions did rollover and provide customer data I would imagine it would be somewhat recent in order to pursue those who have bought them. Even if you use several sources all you need is one hit and your on the radar.
Is it a bridge to far for the ATF, more than likely as it would take the mam power of the IRS to comb through all the transactions of the many companies out there.

It would be stomped by the SCotUS eventually.