Biden Leadership In America Today

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Not much conversation between oil industry and Biden Administration

Until Russia invaded Ukraine there wasn’t much conversation taking place between the energy industry and the Biden Administration.

That’s the view of ConocoPhillips CEO Ryan Lance.

"I think it's starting to ramp up, unfortunately, I couldn’t have said that two or three weeks ago. I think wasn't much conversation going on with our administration and in our industry" said Lance during a Q&A moderated by Daniel Yergin at the CERAWeek by S&P Global" conference in Houston. "Certainly, I'll speak for myself and our company, but I think that has ramped up as sort of this whole conversation around national security and energy security is clearly moving, moving to the forefront."

Lance also cautioned the Russia-Ukraine situation may not resolve itself in the short term.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Saudis and UAE Won’t Lower Oil Prices Until Biden Helps Them With This Problem

This was yet another attempt to appease the mullahs in Tehran. The Saudi Defense Ministry shrugged it off, saying its relationship with the U.S. was “strong, longstanding and historic,” and adding: “The redeployment of some defense capabilities of the friendly United States of America from the region is carried out through common understanding and realignment of defense strategies as an attribute of operational deployment and disposition.” However, the former director of Saudi Arabia’s intelligence services, Prince Turki al-Faisal, sounded a dissenting note, saying: “I think we need to be reassured about American commitment. That looks like, for example, not withdrawing Patriot missiles from Saudi Arabia at a time when Saudi Arabia is the victim of missile attacks and drone attacks — not just from Yemen, but from Iran.”

In the context of all this, it is important to remember what Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on November 5, 2020: that “the next U.S. administration will surrender to the Iranian nation.” This wasn’t just tough talk. In light of Biden’s handlers’ apparent willingness to give the mullahs all they want and more, it was a sober assessment of the geopolitical situation.

And now it is bearing bitter fruit. Biden and the U.S. are in this bind all because Biden’s handlers wanted to vindicate Obama and discredit Trump. Obama’s ridiculously weak Iran nuclear deal was his cornerstone foreign policy achievement, but then Trump skewered it — correctly — as the worst deal any American administration has ever concluded, and got us out of it. Now Biden’s handlers are so desperate to shore up Obama’s sagging legacy that they’re willing to turn their backs on our allies and empower an enemy rogue state that chants “Death to America” to do it. When you’re taking out a second mortgage to pay for a tank of gas, you can thank Old Joe for doing everything he had to do to get his Iran deal.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Most Americans Blame This Person for Putin’s Invasion of Ukraine

According to Newsweek, this could have a big impact on the 2022 election: “When asked whether ‘Russia’s attack on Ukraine makes you more or less likely to vote for one party or another in the 2022 mid-term elections,’ 36 percent say they’re more likely to vote Republican and 24 percent say they’re more likely to vote Democrat, while 31 percent say it will not impact their vote. Among independents, 31 percent say they are more likely to vote Republican because of Biden’s handling of Ukraine while 13 percent say they’re now more likely to vote Democrat.”

There is abundant reason for all this. Dritan Nesho, the chief pollster and CEO of HarrisX, explained: “Voters believe that Biden has projected weakness to Putin with the slow rollout of economic sanctions. If the Ukraine crisis drags on and is top of mind leading to the midterms, it looks like voters — especially independents — will punish Democratic leaders for slow and tepid actions.”

Not only does Biden not project strength, but he has also frequently fed the perception that he isn’t even the person who is in charge. In June 2021 at the G7 Summit, Biden said: “I’m sorry, I’m going to get in trouble with staff if I don’t do this the right way.” At a press conference in Nov. 2021, he gave the impression that he was not supposed to take too many questions: “I can take…I’m going to get in real trouble … this is the last question I’m taking.” On Sept. 8, 2021, Biden announced, “I‘m supposed to stop and walk out of the room.” On Aug. 30, 2021, he told a reporter, “I’m not supposed to take any questions, but go ahead,” but when the question turned out to involve his catastrophic mishandling of the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan, he said: “I’m not gonna answer Afghanistan now,” and walked away. On June 19, 2021, Biden told reporters: “I’ll take your questions, and as usual, folks, they gave me a list of the people I’m going to call on.”

Who gave Biden that list? Who told him he couldn’t take questions? Who ordered him to stop and walk out of the room? We may never know because the establishment media is happy to play its part in this charade and doesn’t ask uncomfortable questions.

Trump cut a decisively different figure. On Feb. 22, Trump said that while he was president, he gave Putin an ultimatum: “If you move against Ukraine while I’m president, I will hit Moscow.” To this, Putin responded, “No way,” whereupon Trump responded, “All those beautiful golden turrets will be blown up.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

‘I’m Sick Of This Stuff’

“Last year — because of all you did — we reduced the deficit by 360 billion dollars,” Biden told the House Democrats, before adding, “We the Democrats — while the economy grew!”

“We’re on track right now … to be the first president in history to lower the deficit by over 1 trillion dollars in one year,” he claimed.

“So, I’m sick of this stuff!” he said. “We have to talk about it because the American people think the reason for inflation is government spending more money. It’s simply not true.”

[clip]

In short, Cochrane told the Journal that inflation is “dreams of costless fiscal expansion, flooding the country with borrowed money to address every perceived problem, hit a hard brick wall of reality.” He explained more clearly that COVID-19 stimulus checks, as well as other government spending checks, caused this very moment:

He traces the present inflation to the pandemic and the government’s response. Starting in March 2020, “the Treasury issued $3 trillion of new debt, which the Fed quickly bought in return for $3 trillion of new reserves.” The Treasury then sent checks to people and businesses, later borrowing another $2 trillion and sending more checks. Overall federal debt rose nearly 30%. “Is it at all a surprise,” Mr. Cochrane asks, “that a year later inflation breaks out?”
He likens this $5 trillion in checks to a “classic parable” of Milton Friedman (1912-2006), the great monetarist at the University of Chicago, where Mr. Cochrane was a professor for 30 years before moving to Stanford in 2015. “Let us suppose now that one day a helicopter flies over this community and drops an additional $1,000 in bills from the sky, which is, of course, hastily collected by members of the community,” Friedman wrote in “The Optimum Quantity of Money” (1969). If they spent the money, inflation would result.
The Covid checks, Mr. Cochrane says, were “an immense fiscal helicopter drop. People are spending the money, driving prices up.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Gulf Countries Won’t Answer Joe Biden’s Calls

“You have got to be kidding me,” Noah said after a brief montage of news reports regarding the story. “Apparently, Saudi Arabia won’t even pick up the phone for the President of the United States.”

“I mean, look, I know it’s hard to arrange those calls. You know, Riyadh is eight hours ahead. Biden is asleep by 4:00 p.m.,” Noah said, making fun of “Sleepy Joe” and his sometimes light schedule. “It’s a narrow window to make it work, but still.”

“That must have been really embarrassing for Biden. Can you imagine? He phones them, and they don’t pick up,” he continued before noting the White House rejected the story.

On Thursday, The Washington Examiner reported that White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said, “There were no rebuffed calls. Period,” when asked about the Journal story.

Nonetheless, Noah said, “You can say what you want, but this would have never happened to Donald Trump. Never.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Sen. Steve Daines: Biden, Democrats using Russian oil ban as a 'fig leaf' to cover up 'radical' Green New Deal

"I think the Democrats are using this ban as a fig leaf to cover up their radical Green New Deal priorities because it's not just about banning Russian oil. They want to ban all oil," Daines said.

He said that while Democrats want to ban Russian oil, they aren't willing to support American oil either.

"Banning Russian oil is great but it’s not enough. Instead of turning to dictators and adversaries we should ramp up production here in the United States. We have an abundance of energy and we should use that as a tool, not only for our own energy security but also to support our overseas allies and partners," Daines said.

herb749

Sen. Steve Daines: Biden, Democrats using Russian oil ban as a 'fig leaf' to cover up 'radical' Green New Deal

"I think the Democrats are using this ban as a fig leaf to cover up their radical Green New Deal priorities because it's not just about banning Russian oil. They want to ban all oil," Daines said.

He said that while Democrats want to ban Russian oil, they aren't willing to support American oil either.

"Banning Russian oil is great but it’s not enough. Instead of turning to dictators and adversaries we should ramp up production here in the United States. We have an abundance of energy and we should use that as a tool, not only for our own energy security but also to support our overseas allies and partners," Daines said.

What I hear from liberals is US producers don't want to talk to Biden either. Then they all talk about greed.

Hijinx

Has anyone watched the national debt and seen this reduction Joe Biden claims.?
Don't lie to my face you decrepit old fool it is anger inducing to me and foolish of you.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Has anyone watched the national debt and seen this reduction Joe Biden claims.?
Don't lie to my face you decrepit old fool it is anger inducing to me and foolish of you.
Maybe it's a reduction in the rate in increase.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden Predicts ‘Sad, Sad Two Years’ If Republicans Retake Congress In Midterms

Biden spoke to Democratic National Committee members at their winter meeting on Thursday evening, encouraging them to rally behind what he said was a “message that resonates” — “Build a better America” — and throw all of their enthusiasm and hard work into winning in November.

“If we don’t do that, don’t do that, it’s going to be a sad, sad two years. Think about Republicans if they controlled the Congress these last two years,” Biden said, adding, “I believe we have a record to be incredibly proud of … a message that resonates: Build a better America. Now we have to do the work. Now what we have to do is we have to sell it with confidence, clarity, conviction and repetition.”

The president also focused his remarks on Ukraine, touting his administration’s efforts to rally North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) nations against Russian President Vladimir Putin and his ongoing invasion.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Americans Are Just Too Stupid to Understand the Great Job He's Doing

Biden opened this particular gambit with a full-on threat: “I’m not saying we’re over; we’re just getting going.” It’s quite clear at this point that the American people and the world at large would be a great deal better off if he didn’t do anything for the rest of his sorry term, but no such luck: his handlers are just getting started, and that means more pain is in the offing.

“And a lot of work to do,” Biden continued semi-coherently. “But never forget what we’ve accomplished together so far.” Oh, we won’t: hyperinflation, skyrocketing gas prices, war in Ukraine, a botched withdrawal from Afghanistan, the emboldening of America’s enemies worldwide, the erasure of the Southern border, unknowable numbers of criminals and terrorists streaming into the country — who could forget?

But as far as Biden is concerned, he isn’t riding high in the polls right now because the American people just aren’t capable of grasping his magnificence: “And, by the way, the American people just trying to stay above water don’t understand this. You tell them what the American Recovery Act was, and they look at you like, ‘What are you talking about?’ Understandably. They’re like my family: mom, dad, four kids, grandpop living in the house in a three-bedroom split-level home. Just every single day figuring out how you put enough food on the table, even when things are okay. Well — and on this one anniversary of the American Rescue Plan, let’s be clear: We did it alone, without one single, solitary Republican vote.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

We are entering a post-American era

CNN's Fareed Zakaria said Sunday that America was losing its hold on the world's stage, emphasizing that the signs were "everywhere."

"One of the defining features of the new era is that it is post-American. By that I mean that the Pax Americana of the past three decades is over," the "Fareed Zakaria GPS" host said.

Zakaria pointed to UAE and Saudi Arabia officials’ unwillingness to accept a phone call from President Biden as evidence of American decline.

"You can see the signs everywhere," he said. "Consider that according to The Wall Street Journal the leaders of the UAE and Saudi Arabia, two countries that have depended on Washington for their security for decades, refuse to even take phone calls from the American president."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Here comes the Biden recession

At a recent confab, President Biden’s imperiled party pushed a new message: Democrats deliver.

The proposed slogan was panned; Democrats were terrified Republicans would respond with: “Yes! Democrats deliver crushing inflation, soaring crime, an open border, critical race theory for tots, full-term abortions on demand, a woke military, high taxes and out-of-control spending. And now… will Joe Biden’s Democrats deliver a recession?”

Yes, just when you thought things could not get worse, along comes the very real possibility of a downturn, thanks to Bidenomics, the war in Ukraine and an inept Federal Reserve. A year ago, during a robust recovery, such a forecast would have seemed ludicrous.

A top Wall Street economist recently conducted an informal poll of his firm’s clients. To his surprise, 100 percent thought the U.S. would be in a recession by next year.

Why such gloom? It starts with accelerating inflation, caused by out-of-control government spending and measures taken by the Biden White House that kept workers on the sidelines. Inflation is also being fueled by soaring energy prices, thanks to lower U.S. production amid reviving growth and now the disruption to Russian oil exports.