Biden Leadership In America Today

HemiHauler

My god, the drama!

In our centrally-controlled business cycle-based economy, there are recessions around every 8 - 10 years or so.

They are neither good nor bad, they are just a regular feature of a planned economy.

US $8 TRILLION racked up on the portly bouffanted buffoon's watch, on the other hand ........ :crickets:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My god, the drama!

In our centrally-controlled business cycle-based economy, there are recessions around every 8 - 10 years or so.

They are neither good nor bad, they are just a regular feature of a planned economy.

US $8 TRILLION racked up on the portly bouffanted buffoon's watch, on the other hand ........ :crickets:
Its not working. Should they pay you more?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Team Biden’s refusal to admit we’re in a recession is just another reason Americans don’t trust our institutions

Why don’t Americans trust the government and other institutions? Maybe it’s because the government and other institutions aren’t trustworthy.

There’s certainly plenty of evidence for both the lack of trust and the lack of trustworthiness. And if the trend continues, it bodes poorly for America.

The news is bad on the lack of trust. A recent University of Chicago Institute of Politics poll found that a majority of Americans think that the government is “corrupt and rigged against people like me.” Two-thirds of Republicans and independents felt that way, but things weren’t much better among liberals, 51% of whom agreed. So this isn’t the usual sour grapes from the party out of power — it’s a general sentiment.

Why do people feel that way? Well, that’s a real poser, but I’m going to offer a suggestion: They feel that way because they’ve noticed that the government is corrupt and rigged against people like them.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Screen-Shot-2022-07-29-at-10.29.24-AM-943x1024.png

Even Politico’s tone-deaf puff piece admits that Biden’s term is tainted by “economic angst, legislative setbacks and sinking approval ratings,” which the corporate media outlet pegged at just 37 percent this week. That’s in addition to a growing border crisis, disastrous foreign policy including the fatal Afghanistan withdrawal, rampant inflation, a formula shortage, forced Covid-19 jabs, abortion radicalism that contradicts most Americans’ feelings about life in the womb, energy dependence, a war on parents concerned about indoctrination in schools, and a shady family business that’s under federal investigation.

Nothing marks success like an administration marred with endless catastrophes, right?

That doesn’t seem to matter to Politico, however, which argued that the reconciliation bill agreed upon by Democrat Sens. Joe Manchin and Chuck Schumer on Wednesday could be the saving grace for Biden and his party. This expensive legislation will only exacerbate inflation and aggravate voters already frustrated with rapidly rising costs, yet Politico hailed it as the agreement the White House needed “to play a more significant role in convincing a handful of remaining Democrats to take the victory that’s in front of them.”

How convenient to suggest that mere months before the upcoming midterms, Biden can magically save the Democrats’ national agenda from the ashes of his failed administration.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

The CHIPS Act won’t solve the chip shortage

On its face, the idea of increasing semiconductor manufacturing in the US seems like it would help address the global supply crunch for computer chips, which has made it harder to buy everything from cars and laptops to sex toys and medical devices during the pandemic. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) has even suggested that the funding package could help fight inflation, presumably by making these goods cheaper.

But while it’s certainly fair to call the legislation a victory for bipartisanship, this plan is primarily focused on keeping up with China’s growing investment in its own domestic chip industry — not solving the present issues with the tech supply chain. The chip factories produced by this package won’t be complete for years, and the bulk of the funding won’t necessarily go toward basic chips, also known as legacy chips, which account for much of the ongoing shortage. And that shortage may be nearing its end anyway.

[clip]

Regardless, the new factories funded by the CHIPS+ Act likely won’t produce chips until long after the current shortage ends. Chip factories are major industrial plants that usually take years to design and construct before production starts. Semiconductors made at the mega-factory that Intel is planning in Ohio — which will focus on advanced chips — may not end up in consumer devices until 2026, though the company’s CEO has said the shortage might end sometime in 2024. Other experts have said the shortage will end sooner, possibly by next year.

There are already signs that chip demand is slowing down. While there was a surge in demand for electronics during the first two years of the pandemic, inflation-wary consumers are scaling back their purchases. Some chip manufacturers have said that their sales are starting to wane. Device makers are reportedly cutting back on orders from the world’s biggest chip manufacturer, Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company, and South Korea’s national chip stockpile had its largest jump since 2018 this past June.

Still, US politicians think they’re making a long-term bet on American chip manufacturing. It’s not the first time, as the government funded some of the first semiconductor companies in the mid-20th century. In more recent decades, however, federal support for the American chip industry has declined, while other countries, including China and Japan, have invested heavily in their domestic manufacturing capabilities. Just 12 percent of the world’s chips are made in the US today, compared to about 37 percent in 1990, according to the Semiconductor Industry Association, a US semiconductor trade group that lobbied for the CHIPS+ Act.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

As U.S. Left Afghanistan, Blinken Said Taliban Vowed To Bar Terrorist Groups. Now He Admits They Lied.

Following the announcement Monday that the U.S. had killed al-Qaeda leader Ayman al-Zawahiri in a drone strike in Kabul, Blinken confessed that the Taliban “grossly violated the Doha Agreement and repeated assurances to the world that they would not allow Afghan territory to be used by terrorists to threaten the security of other countries.”

It was an about-face from just under a year ago, when on August 30, 2021, the day that the U.S. completed its flawed evacuation, Blinken touted the terror group’s promise.

“The Taliban has made a commitment to prevent terrorist groups from using Afghanistan as a base for external operations that could threaten the United States or our allies, including al-Qaida and the Taliban’s sworn enemy, ISIS-K,” Blinken said.

Blinken insisted that the Biden administration would “hold them accountable to that commitment,” adding, “But while we have expectations of the Taliban, that doesn’t mean we will rely on the Taliban. We’ll remain vigilant in monitoring threats ourselves.”

On Monday, Blinken seemed to realize the Islamist regime that returned to power after outlasting the U.S. in a two-decade war can’t be taken at its word.

“In the face of the Taliban’s unwillingness or inability to abide by their commitments, we will continue to support the Afghan people with robust humanitarian assistance and to advocate for the protection of their human rights, especially of women and girls,” Blinken stated on Monday.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

This is how the Financial Times described the scene.

When Pelosi last visited South Korea as House Speaker in 2015, she met then president Park Geun-hye and South Korea’s then foreign minister.
But Yoon’s office said this week that he was unable to meet Pelosi because he was on holiday, while foreign minister Park Jin is in Cambodia for a meeting of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
Yoon, who is believed to be at home in Seoul, instead spoke to Pelosi by phone on Thursday afternoon. When Pelosi arrived in South Korea on Wednesday evening, Yoon was at the theatre and then had dinner with some actors.
“I can’t understand that the parliamentary leader of our ally visited Korea and our president is not meeting her. Being on vacation cannot be an excuse,” Yoo Seung-min, a high-profile former lawmaker from Yoon’s conservative ruling People’s Power party, wrote on Facebook on Thursday.
“What can we make of the fact that he watched a play at a theatre and had a gathering [with the actors], but is still not meeting the US House Speaker?”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

'I See Prices Rising, But I Have Enough'

A woke San Francisco Federal Reserve Bank president wants you to know that Bidenflation does not affect her $420,000 a year salary.

During an interview with Reuters, Mary Daly said that she is not worried about the current inflation woes because she “has enough” money.

“I don’t feel the pain of inflation anymore… I see prices rising, but I have enough,” Daly said.

If you thought she used all of her liberal nerve on that one statement, think again because she continued to claim that “many, many Americans have enough.”

“I see prices rising, but I have enough that I can make substitutions… I’m not immune to gas prices rising, food prices rising, I sometimes balk at the price of things, but I don’t find myself in a space where I have to make trade-offs because I have enough- many, many Americans have enough,” Daly said.

Well let us pay EVERYONE $ 400,000 a year