Biden - Platform

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Biden Says He’ll Kill Federal Funding For Charter Schools. Many Of Those Schools Hugely Benefit Minorities.

Garcia: We’d like to know how you feel about charter schools.

Biden, shaking his head, stated, “I will not — there will be no federal dollars — I’m not Betsy DeVos — nor will my, my Secretary of Education be anything like her in terms of her attitudes about public schools. No privately funded charter school will receive or private charter school will receive a penny of federal money. None.”

“And any charter school that, in fact, is worthy of being able to be in education, would have to be accountable to the same exact school boards, the same exact mechanisms that the public school is accountable to across the board,” Biden continued. “There has to be transparency. Now a lot of these charter schools are significantly underperforming, significantly. I can see where you can have a school, for example, a specialty school in the arts or for music. But if you’re going to have a charter school, it cannot come at the expense of the public school. It cannot come at the expense of the public school. We have to fully fund them. And any charter school that qualifies as essentially a chartered public school has to be accountable to the same standards, the same requirements, the same transparency as the public schools in that district are accountable to, meaning the Board of Education or whatever the mechanism and the controls of that school board.”

so make charter schools accountable to the same worthless school boards that cannot manage the schools to start with, necessitating Charter Schools
I'm not getting what the issue is with Charter Schools.. if there is waiting list for parents to try to get their children enrolled, I would assume they are doing what they are intended to do.. why do we want to get rid of them.. or why do the democrats want to get rid of them??

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm not getting what the issue is with Charter Schools.. if there is waiting list for parents to try to get their children enrolled, I would assume they are doing what they are intended to do.. why do we want to get rid of them.. or why do the democrats want to get rid of them??
Teachers' unions.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden Staffer: Traditional Religious Beliefs Should Be 'Taboo' and 'Disqualifiers' for Public Office

A Joe Biden staffer suggested that orthodox Christians, Jews, and Muslims who adopt traditional values are “intolerant,” that their beliefs should be “taboo,” and that they should be disqualified from serving on the Supreme Court.

Politico contributing editor Adam Wren noted that President Donald Trump’s Supreme Court nominee Amy Coney Barrett “was a trustee at a South Bend private school that described ‘homosexual acts’ as ‘at odds with Scripture’ & said marriage was between ‘one man and one woman’ years after Obergefell v. Hodges.”

SamSpade

I've heard two arguments - if there are more, someone else can fill me in.

1. They drain "good students" away from the public schools, making teaching the remainder more difficult.
  2. Discriminates in favor of parents more involved with their kid's education - (implying, "rich kids").

I know, immensely stupid reasons. Easily half of my maternal relatives are teachers or otherwise involved in education.
The first one is the one I've heard the most.

UglyBear

I've heard two arguments - if there are more, someone else can fill me in.

1. They drain "good students" away from the public schools, making teaching the remainder more difficult.
  2. Discriminates in favor of parents more involved with their kid's education - (implying, "rich kids").
I know, immensely stupid reasons. Easily half of my maternal relatives are teachers or otherwise involved in education.
The first one is the one I've heard the most.
From the craziness I witnessed in the last two months of “remote learning”, another reason comes to mind:
Loss of control over students.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
‘Trans Lives Matter’ — Biden Pledges to Sign Bill to Force Schools to Allow Boys to Play Girls’ Sports

As the Daily Caller reported, the Equality Act passed the House with unanimous support from Democrats in May 2019 but didn’t come up for a vote in the Republican-controlled Senate. This is yet another example of what will happen to this country if Biden wins the White House and the Democrats regain control of the Senate.

In a statement released by the Biden campaign on Friday, the Democrat standard-bearer condemned what he called an “epidemic” of violence “against transgender and gender non-conforming people.”

In all-caps — no doubt for dramatic effect — the headline of the statement reads: “VIOLENCE AGAINST TRANSGENDER AND GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE — STATEMENT BY VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN.”
And here’s Joe, America.
“My administration will enact the Equality Act to end legal discrimination against LGBTQ+ people, expand economic opportunities for LGBTQ+ people, reform our treatment of transgender and gender non-conforming individuals in our criminal justice system, ensure access to accurate identification documents, and improve government data collection to better track violence against the transgender community.”

Hijinx

‘Trans Lives Matter’ — Biden Pledges to Sign Bill to Force Schools to Allow Boys to Play Girls’ Sports

As the Daily Caller reported, the Equality Act passed the House with unanimous support from Democrats in May 2019 but didn’t come up for a vote in the Republican-controlled Senate. This is yet another example of what will happen to this country if Biden wins the White House and the Democrats regain control of the Senate.

In a statement released by the Biden campaign on Friday, the Democrat standard-bearer condemned what he called an “epidemic” of violence “against transgender and gender non-conforming people.”

In all-caps — no doubt for dramatic effect — the headline of the statement reads: “VIOLENCE AGAINST TRANSGENDER AND GENDER NON-CONFORMING PEOPLE — STATEMENT BY VICE PRESIDENT JOE BIDEN.”
And here’s Joe, America.

No surprise.
The Democrats don't care about what sane Americans want.They cater to illegals, LGBTQ queers ( I suppose it's ok to say Queers,isn't that what the Q means?) and entitlement seekers.

glhs837

Power with Control
That's not forget He's promising to install 50,000 electric vehicle charging points around the country. is also going to offer incentives for you to give up your gasoline car and buy electric vehicles, only those made in America though. Oh and only those made by Union workers of course. Cannot imagine the price tag on these things. and of course any turn in for an EV credit is probably going to require gas car to be destroyed like cash for clunkers cuz that worked out so well.

Edit, 500,000

Last edited:

SamSpade

That's not forget He's promising to install 50,000 electric vehicle charging points around the country. is also going to offer incentives for you to give up your gasoline car and buy electric vehicles, only those made in America though. Oh and only those made by Union workers of course. Cannot imagine the price tag on these things. and of course any turn in for an EV credit is probably going to require gas car to be destroyed like cash for clunkers cuz that worked out so well.

STILL wonder what James Woods mentioned the other day --

If Cali has rolling blackouts because of hot weather all summer long - how are they going to handle - presumably - hundreds of thousands of cars all charging all the time?

I'm concerned about at least one other long term concern - nearly all the rare earths needed to make all these batteries are in China. Unless technology advances beyond this - we'll be at their mercy - once again.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm concerned about at least one other long term concern - nearly all the rare earths needed to make all these batteries are in China. Unless technology advances beyond this - we'll be at their mercy - once again.

Progress is being made is research with other materials like Sodium - Sulphur or Graphene

glhs837

Power with Control
STILL wonder what James Woods mentioned the other day --

If Cali has rolling blackouts because of hot weather all summer long - how are they going to handle - presumably - hundreds of thousands of cars all charging all the time?

Cali's rolling blackouts are in large part caused by the fragile physical nature of the grid, where large portions of it are exposed high voltage transmission lines running through dry areas, where windblown dry debris can catch on fire. Other issues are the lefts efforts to shut down hydro and nuclear and fossil fuel, even relatively clean sources like natural gas.

Some of this could be mitigated by making the grid more distributed and adding grid storage, so you can segregate sections for a while during the highest risk without having the black out large areas. Allowing more generation would of course help too.

AS to the minerals for batteries, as Gurps said, cobalt is being phased out, and methods and sources of lithium that are less at risk and damaging are coming online.

This article contrasts Tesla and CATL, the largest Chinese supplier.

This one covers the various metals , note none of them are really "rare earths" Note also that while China leads in the production of some, and the refining of others (as indicated by being the darkest color on any given map, they are not the sole source of anything.

SamSpade

Cali's rolling blackouts are in large part caused by the fragile physical nature of the grid

I didn't mean that hot weather was causing rolling blackouts - I was saying the very high demand for electricity during a heat wave was breaking down their grid. Imagine how much worse when they INCREASE demand by at least an order of magnitude?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Biden's tax plan could create a tax rate of as much 62% for New Yorkers and Californians, studies show

While Americans earning less than $400,000 would, on average, receive tax cuts under Biden's plan, the highest earners would face double-digit increases in their official tax rates, according to nonpartisan analyses. In California, New Jersey and New York City, taxpayers earning more than $400,000 a year could face combined state and local statutory income tax rates of more than 60%.

In California, top earners could face a state and federal tax rate of as much as 62.6% under the Biden plan, according to calculations from Jared Walczak of the Tax Foundation. In New Jersey, the combined rates could be just more than 60%, while in New York state they could reach 58.2%. In New York City, home to most of the state's high earners, the combined city, state and federal income tax rate would be just over 62%.

Of course, few if any taxpayers pay the full statutory rates, which don't include deductions, credits, offsets, loopholes and lower tax rates on other sources of income. Even though the top U.S. statutory tax rate is currently 37%, the effective rate (what taxpayers actually pay with help from their accountants) for top earners is 26.8%, according to the Tax Foundation. The Biden campaign said what matters to taxpayers and the economy are the effective rates, not the statutory rates.

glhs837

Power with Control
I didn't mean that hot weather was causing rolling blackouts - I was saying the very high demand for electricity during a heat wave was breaking down their grid. Imagine how much worse when they INCREASE demand by at least an order of magnitude?

A part of Australia solved that by adding grid storage. was the largest battery in the world for a short while. Was collocated with a wind farm, was standing by when the demand peaked. Called the Hornsdale Power Reserve. Been stabilizing that grid, keeping the lights on when the main line to the other linked grid went down for 17 days, and, BTW, making serious money for the owner, a French company, while saving the Aussies even more money

. https://reneweconomy.com.au/tesla-b...lia-delivers-stunning-windfall-profits-77644/

SamSpade

A part of Australia solved that by adding grid storage. was the largest battery in the world for a short while. Was collocated with a wind farm, was standing by when the demand peaked. Called the Hornsdale Power Reserve. Been stabilizing that grid, keeping the lights on when the main line to the other linked grid went down for 17 days, and, BTW, making serious money for the owner, a French company, while saving the Aussies even more money

. https://reneweconomy.com.au/tesla-b...lia-delivers-stunning-windfall-profits-77644/

(shrug)

I tend to doubt California's ability to meet their energy demands - last I checked they are buying from neighboring states and still can't keep up.

glhs837

Power with Control
(shrug)

I tend to doubt California's ability to meet their energy demands - last I checked they are buying from neighboring states and still can't keep up.

I did mention they need to add more power generation. These other things are additions to, and helpers. Someplace like Ridgecrest could do all renewables, but Palmdale couldnt. What storage does is make your regular power generation more efficient, by soaking up and storing excess and putting that back into the grid when demand is higher.

SamSpade

I did mention they need to add more power generation. These other things are additions to, and helpers. Someplace like Ridgecrest could do all renewables, but Palmdale couldnt. What storage does is make your regular power generation more efficient, by soaking up and storing excess and putting that back into the grid when demand is higher.

I don't doubt that your SCIENCE is adequate. I doubt Cali's leadership to actually DO anything. It's not as though every city or state in America has homeless crapping in the streets or are unable to pay the pensions of their retired workers.