Biden's America Last Program

herb749

Kamala Harris to Announce Plans to Help Americans Heat Their Homes by Burning Billions in Cash

Vice President Kamala Harris is announcing that $13 billion in federal funds from the “Inflation Reduction Act” (keep reading once you’ve stopped laughing) will go to help low-income families weatherize their homes in preparation for cold temperatures this winter.

“This includes providing direct consumer rebates for installations of heat pumps, heating, ventilating, and air conditioning systems, and water heaters, as well as for upgrading electrical wires,” reports the Washington Examiner. “The funds will also provide direct assistance to help with high heating costs through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program, or LIHEAP.”

One administration official said that the funds “will enable up to 1.6 million homes to make critical upgrades to their homes installing up to 500,000 heat pumps,” adding, “President Biden’s economic plan is helping households access energy efficient equipment the next time they need to make home repairs so they can save money on their utility bills — not just this year but for years to come.”

These bills that were passed have become govt slush funds to not use for their purpose. $30 billion from infrastructure went to Puerto Rico. Now this and who knows from where all the Ukraine billions are coming from. Likely from these bills. So in 2 yrs when roads & bridges are being cried about you'll know where the money didn't go.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
For your consideration ...

This is because you've been fully programmed over your lifetime to believe your opinion.

Throughout history, three metals have been used as money: gold, silver, and copper. All share the five qualities of good money—durability, divisibility, portability, consistency, and intrinsic value—but in different proportions. All three metals can be bought for the same reasons as well—each is a long-term store of value, and as a medium of exchange. Gold has always been, and probably always will be used primarily as money. Copper will probably remain an industrial metal. Silver falls neatly in between them both in price, the way it’s used, and its use a money.

A SHTF scenario will be a short lived phenomenon. Soon after which stability will be brought back, hopefully with a sound monetary system once again. Me, I've got set aside provisions specifically to take advantage for bartering for gold and silver. Such as simple and cheap ball ammo for firearms I do not own. Because once a SHTF scenario is over, gold and silver will still have its value.
I’m thinking that the statement about being programmed applies more to your view than mine.
Intrinsic value means that something has inherent value by itself. That doesn’t apply to precious metals, their value only comes by common usage.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
One administration official said that the funds “will enable up to 1.6 million homes to make critical upgrades to their homes installing up to 500,000 heat pumps,” adding, “President Biden’s economic plan is helping households access energy efficient equipment the next time they need to make home repairs so they can save money on their utility bills — not just this year but for years to come.”
I'm sure this will work well for the millions who live in housing projects, rent, are under Social Service care,... Seems to assume all families own a home and have the right/ability to upgrade it.

LightRoasted

If I may ...

I’m thinking that the statement about being programmed applies more to your view than mine.
Intrinsic value means that something has inherent value by itself. That doesn’t apply to precious metals, their value only comes by common usage.
We, and our knowledge, are all products of our environment. Unless one makes a conscious decision to step outside that environment and seek information contrary to what is taught/known, one will never know the truth.

And nope, I've been de-programmed. Took the red pill a long long time ago.

"That doesn’t apply to precious metals, their value only comes by common usage." Really? And how do these precious metals actually come into existence? How do they become a common usage item? From where does their intrinsic value originate? From their scarcity, and, the labor necessary to produce from mining. Ancient societies used gold, silver and copper as coinage, and yet, these metals were not used for anything near what we use them today industrially. Sure, gold was used for decoration, jewelry, cups, etc., its only utility at the time, but was used more so for its use as money.

Hijinx

Let's be honest. I don't have a lot of money and I am on a fixed income.
But I am not too worried about the insulation in my house, it is insulated. I am not going to buy a heat pump because Camel Toe wants me to, I don't have the money for it number one, and it really is a lousy heat source anyway. I have a perfectly good furnace that burns fuel oil. If I buy anything it will be a wood stove..
Anyway my major concern is that if we don't have Diesel fuel we don't have food delivered, the farmers cannot get their crops in, the highways will not get plowed if it snows. The Fire department and the Ambulance will not arrive, If we don't have diesel fuel we don't have heating fuel, it's basically the same thing.
What happens when the fuel oil in anyone's home runs out?
They will use alternatives, They will plug in electric heaters, they will use their propane stove or their electric oven, putting a strain on the electric infrastructure. and costly. Then there is the problem of Carbon monoxide poisoning if they can find kerosene for their heaters.

Then there is this basic truth. TWO YEARS AGO WE WERE ENERGY INDEPENDENT>we didn't have to kiss the Saudi's asses to get energy.
Put it any way you like but this idiot in the White House caused this problem and refuses the solution which is to tear up his EO and go back to having America's energy companies turned loose to supply it. You think people are pissed off now? Wait until they are cold and their pipes are freezing, and they can't get food delivered.

herb749

I'm sure this will work well for the millions who live in housing projects, rent, are under Social Service care,... Seems to assume all families own a home and have the right/ability to upgrade it.

With the Fed increasing interest rates home equity rates are higher than mortgages .

LightRoasted

If I may ...

A second retort ....... Here's a comment from the article below;

"That stuff is worthless the reason We are buying it hand over fist with our fake money is because it is worthless hopefully you are stupid enough to believe this thank you."

Raises a good question doesn't it? Why, if gold and silver are so ... nothing, do central banks horde the stuff? Why do other countries stock pile it as well? They acquire and store gold and silver by the tons. And they want you to believe, (which you and many others do), these PM's have no value other than for utility?

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
So, back to the OP and store shelves.

It's starting to looking bleak out there. Just came back from Giant. Lots of empty slots. Very thin in the meat and poultry case, using other products to fill spaces. No cream at all, sign posted "supply issues". Prices jacked up on everything, but strangely, milk was still $2.29/half gallon, actually went down a few weeks ago.

One thing that is usually on the holiday menu but won't be this year is crab legs. ON SALE a 10 lb package is between $60 and $75. And a good portion of that you throw away, and it didn't look that good anyway. Kinda off-white/brown/freezer burned. HT used to have the $5 crab leg pre-peeled snack box, but haven't for a long time. Obvious now why; just too expensive to do that.

I don't have a budget, buy as I need, but really starting to feel for those who ARE on a tight budget and counting pennies.

Hijinx

So, back to the OP and store shelves.

It's starting to looking bleak out there. Just came back from Giant. Lots of empty slots. Very thin in the meat and poultry case, using other products to fill spaces. No cream at all, sign posted "supply issues". Prices jacked up on everything, but strangely, milk was still $2.29/half gallon, actually went down a few weeks ago.

One thing that is usually on the holiday menu but won't be this year is crab legs. ON SALE a 10 lb package is between $60 and $75. And a good portion of that you throw away, and it didn't look that good anyway. Kinda off-white/brown/freezer burned. HT used to have the $5 crab leg pre-peeled snack box, but haven't for a long time. Obvious now why; just too expensive to do that.

I don't have a budget, buy as I need, but really starting to feel for those who ARE on a tight budget and counting pennies.
Didn't they stop the Alaskan Crabbers from crabbing this year?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Raises a good question doesn't it? Why, if gold and silver are so ... nothing, do central banks horde the stuff? Why do other countries stock pile it as well? They acquire and store gold and silver by the tons. And they want you to believe, (which you and many others do), these PM's have no value other than for utility?
I consider the value in many things to be in what it's practical use and necessity is, or will be, when SHTF. If someone is out of ammo, I'm not selling them any of mine for worthless gold or silver. Likewise same for food, medicine etc etc.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
It's starting to looking bleak out there. Just came back from Giant. Lots of empty slots. Very thin in the meat and poultry case, using other products to fill spaces. No cream at all, sign posted "supply issues".

You may have to drive further out of the sticks .,... dorf or closer to DC

LightRoasted

If I may ...

Yep. The crab population practically vanished completely and biologists are still scramblinig to figure out how or way.
Three nuclear reactor core meltdowns along with over 1,097 tons of spent fuel at Fukushima entering the Pacific for over eleven years now? Along with the release of radioactive water being methodically dumped by those trying to clean up their extinction level event? Finally catching up to marine life in the area? One of the reason I eat nothing that comes out of the Pacific. I'll stick with the plain old blue crab, perch, Spanish mackerel, rockfish, and so forth.

herb749

Yep. The crab population practically vanished completely and biologists are still scramblinig to figure out how or way.

When you have 3 countries fishing those waters ( US, Japan, China ) there's going to be less to go around.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
https://issuesinsights.com/category/crime/

As Murder Rates Rise, The Left Lies And The FBI Denies

For months, Democrats and the press have argued that crime isn’t as bad as it’s being made to seem and that Republicans are sensationalizing it to scare voters.

“If it’s the fall of a year ending in an even number, you can be pretty sure Republicans will try to scare you with paranoia about crime — specifically, violent crime committed by dark-skinned people,” says Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank.

The press also jumped all over a study suggesting that murder rates are higher in Republican-controlled states than those run by Democrats.

“Republican politicians routinely claim that cities run by Democrats have been experiencing crime waves caused by failed governance, but a new study shows murder rates are actually higher in states and cities controlled by Republicans,” one outlet put it.