Biden's* kindler, gentler border wall

Bluecrqbe

Well IF you consumed any news, which you admitted you do not, you would know that now they're all saying the vaccine doesn't mean you can't catch and transmit the virus. Pfizer just came out saying that a third dose is going to be necessary, and annual boosters will most likely be needed as well.

You would also know that cases in states with the highest rates of lockdown are rising, while cases in states that have opened up are dropping.

So it would behoove you to pay more attention to what's going on instead of barfing up silly talking points.
I’m not sure what talking points I’m “barfing up”.

Is it possible for someone to catch COVID after being vaccinated? Yes, it is, because the virus is out there continuing to circulate, but the rate of catching it while vaccinated is only 0.0075%

I don’t follow the news closely because I really feel most stories are written to see ads, I mean, basically every site we go to has ads all over it, more eyes reading the story more eyes reading the ads. I think you just proved the point, you‘re worried about people catching the virus after being infected, but out of 77million people vaccinated there were only 5,800 cases. That is so far beyond a blip it I don’t think it matters, but someone out there will write an article about. I honestly would rather read a novel I had been putting off or indulge in binging a show than read endless streams of “news stories” to pat myself on the back that I’m somehow more informed.

....where I got those stats about infection rates
https://www.vox.com/science-and-hea...hrough-infections-after-vaccination-explained

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Trump Announces He Is Building 1,954-Mile Long Trump Hotel Along Southern Border

SamSpade

I think you just proved the point, you‘re worried about people catching the virus after being infected, but out of 77million people vaccinated there were only 5,800 cases.

I think this is a textbook perfect example of why math matters. If the news media WANT to say, the vaccines aren't safe, they will report 5800 cases, because 5800 is a big number to many people and it's scary. As a fraction of the larger number - it is so miniscule as to - statistically - fall so far within the margin of error, it's not just negligible, but laughable.

I don't see data for how many of these people died. The concern among the timid is that these cases present another vector for re-infection. And I shake my head again and say, IF YOU'RE VACCINATED, your chances of getting it FROM THEM are still that small. Another one I get is, WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN - because vaccines aren't approved as of this writing for those under 12. Again, from DATA - even unvaccinated children under 12 have an extremely low incidence of infection.

But I am not just talking vaccination - this applies to ANY stat you are likely to hear, especially if you realize the number is intended to rile you up, make you afraid or otherwise influence you. Not long ago, I read a report saying how murder rates in one city went up by something like 20%. OH MY GOD. Wait. How many last year? Oh. Like, 10. So there were TWO more, and you're trying to scare me? Or that 1000 more people died on the roads last year - wait - how MANY died the year before? Oh. Like 40,000. So - you're trying to terrify me with a 2.5% increase?

You can bet if there is an angle to GET A REACTION from you, they will publish THAT. I recall once there was a big deal in the RATE OF INCREASE for NUMBER of homicides. That there is a phrase almost designed to get you. This means if the number of homicide increase last year was ONE - and this year it's TWO - the rate of INCREASE doubled. But it is statistically meaningless.

There are of course those who will wildly protest that any death is not meaningless - I agree. But it is a different issue to distort data that is not dangerous in order to evoke fear or panic.

SamSpade

I think this is a textbook perfect example of why math matters. If the news media WANT to say, the vaccines aren't safe, they will report 5800 cases, because 5800 is a big number to many people and it's scary. As a fraction of the larger number - it is so miniscule as to - statistically - fall so far within the margin of error, it's not just negligible, but laughable.

Another example is the blood clot thing - the number of cases is so very, very small compared to the number of those vaccinated - it is highly unlikely that the vaccine poses a danger to the greater public. It is MORE likely it poses a danger to someone with a yet unknown pre-existing medical condition.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Biden Administration Quietly Orders Part of Border Wall to Be Finished in Arizona

On Thursday, the Biden administration ordered for the Yuma Morelos Dam Project in Arizona to be completed, which would “close four gaps” along the porous southern border sector.

According to the Associated Press, this effort was backed by former President Donald Trump’s administration, essentially vindicating conservatives who backed tougher security in the region.

The Department of Homeland Security said that the effort will mitigate the risks for migrants, as “the area presents safety and life hazard risks,” according to a statement.

Of course, nobody should expect the administration to brag about this, as they hated the concept of a border wall. On day one of the Biden White House, they ordered a “pause” of border wall construction and scrapped other Trump-era immigration policies. These swift actions arguably fueled the ongoing border crisis, and the decision to fill these gaps in Yuma comes too late. Materials had been left sitting at the border, when they could’ve instead continued to be used to prevent the humanitarian disaster plaguing border communities.

In the fiscal year 2022, which ends in September, there have been 235,230 migrant encounters, according to Customs and Border Protection data. This is the third highest sector, as it is trailing only behind the Rio Grande Valley and Del Rio sectors in Texas.