BIG black neutered male adult kitty ONYX

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I would take Onyx in a blink, but I have two senior kitsters that would freak. They just got used to not having our pupsters around anymore. I know I have neglected you in my donations in the last months, but daughter is finally getting married next weekend, so things will calm down; stress wise and money wise. Thank you for all you do for the sweet critters.

Thanks for thinking of us. I hope everything goes well with the wedding - those things can get stressful I hear. If you ever have an opening for kitties, I'd hope that you would take on 1 or 2 of our shy ones. The shy ones tend to do well with people with years of kitty experience. One shy girl that I usually call Darla is a big one and loves to be petted by people she feels comfortable with. She came from a parking lot in an industrial area of Upper Marlboro with a small girl named Nimbus who looks like a Russian Blue. I've seen the big girl befriending SiSi lately so maybe those 2 should go to a home together. We need to get a campaign started to find special people to adopt the special shy ones.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Onyx is still waiting to go to his forever home. He is playful, loves belly rubs, and it just a big loveable teddy bear. This boy is such a great litter user also.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Animal shelters buck black cat superstitions, encourage adop

Onyx is still looking for his forever home. Wonderful BIG boy at 16 pounds and he is like a teddy bear to cuddle. Very laid back kitty and only 3 years old. Onxy has been neutered and is fully vetted.

Just saw this story online:

Animal shelters buck black cat superstitions, encourage adoptions

"WASHINGTON -- Finding homes for black cats over the years was always tough for animal shelters, and October was the toughest month of all.

Black cats don't necessarily photograph well, so adoption pictures could be uninviting to families. And in October, shelters have had to deal with Halloween superstitions and the possible harm that could come to such kitties because of them."

http://www.wtop.com/41/3732319/Animal-shelters-buck-black-cat-superstitions-encourage-adoptions

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
We had a kitty inquiry for one that's good with dogs. So I replied with info. about Onyx since he about the most laid back big kitty we have. I hope it works out for them to try him out. I'd be thrilled for him to have his own family, he deserves more than the 5 or so minutes he gets from me each day.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Mr Onyx has been such a playful boy! He can't seem to get enough of chasing strings and batting little kitty bell toys around. I guess that's his version of "exercise"? LOL He's still hoping to find his way into a heart and home ......

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Hi I'm Onyx - wanna cuddle?

Onyx.jpg

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Onyx was adopted the other day by a lady who found me through an old horse friend of mine. They are still working out the introductions and soon Onyx will feel comfortable and will cuddle up with her in bed. As she said it, she expects to wake up to find a kitty butt in her face any day now LOL. Onyx is going to be a buddy to 3 dogs. I am happy for all involved.