Big dog groomers

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
We’ve been using petco groomers, but they don’t try to build any relationships with us or the dogs. I’d like to find a groomer that the dogs look forward to going too. Anyone have people that they particularly like?

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
I take my Shepherd to Kim at Companion Care.

Really good with Ruby, knows her on sight, and does a great job.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

I have a dog that never needs grooming. Saves money and the hassle. So I can't help you on this one.

chevylover

PIP ~ My Baby Boy!
Not sure where you are located, but Autumn the Groomer in Chaptico is great! She has a Facebook page.

gemma_rae

My cat is pretty good with Schnauzers!

angry cat GIF

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
We’ve been using petco groomers, but they don’t try to build any relationships with us or the dogs. I’d like to find a groomer that the dogs look forward to going too. Anyone have people that they particularly like?
You've identified the problem - PETCO - it is a "soulless" (thanks @vraiblonde) corporation that doesn't give a crap about you or your dog. Most of those small groomers enjoy the relationships with customers and critters. So find you the small business and develop the relationship.

The groomer I use has a staff of 4 or 5 and they really love my mutt and, it might be hard to believe, but they seem to like me too. I schedule a monthly visit and when they make the confirmation call the day before I only speak in dog (yep, I bark at them). They love it, confirm the appointment, and chuckle about it.

And they do handle some big dogs, saddle size big, but they might be a little too far away for you.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I have a big dog who has nails the size and thickness of steer hooves. It is impossible for me to cut them. I've tried loading him up with weed gummies prior to trying to trim them....no dice.

Is there anyone who is equipped to trim nails of big, defiant, and aggressively-avoident dogs? I'm tired of him scratching me and ruining our front door.