Big Dogs Paradise in Mechanicsville reviews

mattvivslivesou

www.meerkatsound.com
Since we have had a few posts asking about “what is the best bar…..” why don’t we start a post about the individual bars and describe what they are all about.

This Bar we are going to speak of is:
Big Dogs Paradise in Mechanicsville

Here are a few questions to get the ball rolling:

How often do you go?

How is the entertainment? DJ, Live Music?

What is the average crowd like?
What about their Age?

How are their drinks?

Why is this place better than the others?
Is there anything you don’t like about this club?

kelb

art imitating life
They do a lot of drink specials which I think is great. Something like 10.00 all you can drink on thurs for ladies. They really do more I just cant remember. My friends go there sometimes. Going to see a band there... eh... its so so. They have metal plated walls so the sound is not all that great there.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
They do a lot of drink specials which I think is great. Something like 10.00 all you can drink on thurs for ladies. They really do more I just cant remember. My friends go there sometimes. Going to see a band there... eh... its so so. They have metal plated walls so the sound is not all that great there.

It's gotten much better than it used to be. He's done something in there and the sound doesn't bounce off the walls and rattle your eardrums anymore. :yay:

kelb

art imitating life
It's gotten much better than it used to be. He's done something in there and the sound doesn't bounce off the walls and rattle your eardrums anymore. :yay:

Good for him! He needed to do something. I think that bar has potential. I have heard from the people that I know that go there that its a rowdy crowd and young wigger types. Do you know if that is true?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Good for him! He needed to do something. I think that bar has potential. I have heard from the people that I know that go there that its a rowdy crowd and young wigger types. Do you know if that is true?

Probably depends on the band. Saturday, Arsenic played there, so no, there were no wigger types. Overall, they were a good crowd. :yay:

kelb

art imitating life
Just posted on myspace

$1.50/$2 DRAFTS AND $2/$2.50 BOTTLES ALL DAY SAT. AND SUN.
WELL, ITS ALL DAY SAT AND SUN AND MON- FRI AFTER 7PM...

OPEN POOL TABLES EVERY MONDAY... $1.50 DRAFTS
EVERY MONDAY FROM 6PM TIL CLOSE BDP HAS ALL 3 POOL TABLES OPEN... DRAFT BEERS $1.50 - $2... PITCHERS $6 AND $7... HAPPY HOUR IS NOT OVER TIL 7PM... SO TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE DRAFTS AT $1 AND $1.50 TIL 7PM..

Tuesday

$2 CORONA AND CORONA LIGHT NITE 7P

WORLD TAVERN POKER 7 & 9 PM HANDS

World Tavern Poker -– The #1 Bar Poker League

dn0121

Was thinking of checking this place out for this special although I think he means 12am not pm.

Every Friday - All U Can Drink For Everyone
Featuring: $15 For The Ladies And $20 For The Gentlemen W/ DJ Harry
Kickin' Your Favorite Dance tunes
$4 Jager Bomb Special Between 10-12pm For Everyone

kelb

art imitating life
Was thinking of checking this place out for this special although I think he means 12am not pm.

Every Friday - All U Can Drink For Everyone
Featuring: $15 For The Ladies And $20 For The Gentlemen W/ DJ Harry
Kickin' Your Favorite Dance tunes
$4 Jager Bomb Special Between 10-12pm For Everyone

Thursday night its a DJ and ladies night. There are about 5 men to every woman. Sausauge fest and young but that place is PACKED every Thursday. WALL TO WALL and no parking.

Crewdawg141

IYAMYAS!!!!!
Thursday night its a DJ and ladies night. There are about 5 men to every woman. Sausauge fest and young but that place is PACKED every Thursday. WALL TO WALL and no parking.

"Sausauge fest and young" That sounds like a good reason for me not to go there!