Big Spiders

glhs837

Power with Control
Seen two of these recently, look amazing. This one set up in front of the front door of my brothers place while hes in the hospital....

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I hope you tip extra
Always!

We had one of those jumping wolf spiders in the truck this weekend. It was hanging out at the top of the windshield yesterday. Then decided to drop down into the cup holder area. This morning it was on the drivers window. Out the window it went!

glhs837

Power with Control
It goes by the name yellow and black garden spider. I can’t figure out why.

Relative of the wifes is a bit of an amateur entomologist. I went with orb weaver, he came back with the latin.... Argiope aurantia

means "gilded silver-face".

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Relative of the wifes is a bit of an amateur entomologist. I went with orb weaver, he came back with the latin.... Argiope aurantia

When i typed in orb weaver it showed me a picture of the little orange #######s that boobytrap my front porch.

L0I0YQN0R0U0Q050FQ3KOQP0Q050TQG0VRJKTQ403QFKBR80DQX0H07QK0N0TRE0CR0QOR2000E0Q0.jpg

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

The same spider, the zig zag in the web is a dead giveaway.

Grumpy

Was getting out the hose in back of my house, walked thru a spider web and looked around for the spider, didn't see it. Got the hose out and walked back into the house, and was in the kitchen. Felt something on my back, then the side of my face, it was a spider every bit as big as the one in the OP. I brushed him/her off and slipped a newspaper under it and put it outside. The next day, there was a huge web by my kitchen door and there was the spider..feasting on a baby skink (about an inch and a half long) that got caught up in its web.

glhs837

Power with Control
When i typed in orb weaver it showed me a picture of the little orange #######s that boobytrap my front porch.

L0I0YQN0R0U0Q050FQ3KOQP0Q050TQG0VRJKTQ403QFKBR80DQX0H07QK0N0TRE0CR0QOR2000E0Q0.jpg

Whats cool is that in Chrome you can right click and search on google for relevant images. Tells me this...

If you have a Pixel phone, you can use the Lens function to search pictures like this and get relevant information.

glhs837

Power with Control
The same spider, the zig zag in the web is a dead giveaway.

Indeed, common name is the yellow and black garden spider, we saw the latin earlier, while orb weaver is the general classification.

rio

:faint:
Was getting out the hose in back of my house, walked thru a spider web and looked around for the spider, didn't see it. Got the hose out and walked back into the house, and was in the kitchen. Felt something on my back, then the side of my face, it was a spider every bit as big as the one in the OP. I brushed him/her off and slipped a newspaper under it and put it outside. The next day, there was a huge web by my kitchen door and there was the spider..feasting on a baby skink (about an inch and a half long) that got caught up in its web.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I once walked face first into a web going to my car one morning. I've since learned to wave a tree branch in front of me, if I don't have a light. The orange spiders have pointy legs that feel freaky on your skin.

glhs837

Power with Control
I once walked face first into a web going to my car one morning. I've since learned to wave a tree branch in front of me, if I don't have a light. The orange spiders have pointy legs that feel freaky on your skin.

When I walk the dogs before the sun rises enough to see them, quite often I find the webs across the driveway by feel, then carefully back up out of them.... Driveways 12-16 feet wide so Ive never gotten a spider that way

NextJen

Raisin cane
I don't know why these big spiders love sliding glass doors so much. Maybe it's the light from inside drawing bugs that make them a perfect dining establishment for the spider? I am a total arachnophobe. I hate that they are lurking for me outside the door. I've actually had friends walk me to my RV in the evening after partying late just so they can knock down any spiders so I can get inside. (yesimawimp) 😆