Big Tech Continued Censorship

Hijinx

Biologically Levine is a man ---certainly.
In his own mind he believes he is a woman.
Now in the past that would mean he is crazy----------but this isn't the past.
This is today and he isn't crazy--Those who agree he is a woman are.

One thing is certain, He is an individual that neither man nor woman want to lay claim to.

herb749

Biologically Levine is a man ---certainly.
In his own mind he believes he is a woman.
Now in the past that would mean he is crazy----------but this isn't the past.
This is today and he isn't crazy--Those who agree he is a woman are.

One thing is certain, He is an individual that neither man nor woman want to lay claim to.

Was he/she really the best person qualified for the job, or just another check off on a list of people to hire because of who or what they are.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Was he/she really the best person qualified for the job, or just another check off on a list of people to hire because of who or what they are.
He may very well be the most qualified candidate, however, he is mentally ill and quite ugly in his delusional masquerade. He can make believe all he wants, but he is a he, and that is science. I don't think the mentally ill should be placed in positions that effect the lives and livelihood of others. I admire his service, but he needs help, not encouragement.

herb749

He may very well be the most qualified candidate, however, he is mentally ill and quite ugly in his delusional masquerade. He can make believe all he wants, but he is a he, and that is science. I don't think the mentally ill should be placed in positions that effect the lives and livelihood of others. I admire his service, but he needs help, not encouragement.

He/She was the Health Secretary for the state of PA who removed her/his mother from a nursing home before the state started sending elderly positive covid patients there.

Hijinx

He/She was the Health Secretary for the state of PA who removed her/his mother from a nursing home before the state started sending elderly positive covid patients there.
So he isn't as dumb as he looks.
He knew the problem and did nothing to solve it just got his mother out of the target area, than went along with the democrat plan.

What does that tell you about the C-sucker.?

herb749

So he isn't as dumb as he looks.
He knew the problem and did nothing to solve it just got his mother out of the target area, than went along with the democrat plan.

What does that tell you about the C-sucker.?

PA just followed along with NY & NJ.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Google routinely hides emails from litigation by CCing attorneys, DOJ alleges

The US Department of Justice and 14 state attorneys general yesterday asked a federal judge to sanction Google for misusing attorney-client privilege to hide emails from litigation.

"In a program called 'Communicate with Care,' Google trains and directs employees to add an attorney, a privilege label, and a generic 'request' for counsel's advice to shield sensitive business communications, regardless of whether any legal advice is actually needed or sought. Often, knowing the game, the in-house counsel included in these Communicate-with-Care emails does not respond at all," the DOJ told the court. The fact that attorneys often don't reply to the emails "underscor[es] that these communications are not genuine requests for legal advice but rather an effort to hide potential evidence," the DOJ said.

The DOJ made its argument in a motion to sanction Google "and compel disclosure of documents unjustifiably claimed by Google as attorney-client privileged" and in a memorandum in support of the motion. "The Communicate-with-Care program had no purpose except to mislead anyone who might seek the documents in an investigation, discovery, or ensuing dispute," the DOJ alleged.

CCing lawyers is a common practice, but the DOJ says Google took it to an "egregious" level. "Google's institutionalized manufacturing of false privilege claims is egregious, spanning nearly a decade and permeating the company from the top executives on down," the DOJ said.

The practice "continued unabated after the company was on notice of the Department of Justice's investigation and even after the filing of the complaint in this action," the DOJ said. The DOJ also said, "it is well settled that copying an attorney does not confer privilege" on its own.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

YouTube Purged CPAC Livestreams For Discussing Big Tech’s 2020 Election Meddling

“Regardless of your personal beliefs and those of your senior leadership (not to mention your absolute liberal bias), there remain very serious questions about the way the 2020 election was conducted. Removing our content does not erase those questions, no matter how hard you try. Indeed, it is telling you offer no evidence that would demonstrate any falsity in the content you censored,” Schlapp wrote.

Shortly after Schlapp sent the letter to Pichai, YouTube removed all of the Sunday CPAC coverage from the organization’s channel as well, according to a CPAC representative.

At least one of the videos removed by YouTube highlighted a panel featuring Federalist CEO and Co-Founder Sean Davis, Senior Tech Columnist Rachel Bovard, and Republican Sen. James Lankford which focused on the dangers of politically motivated Big Tech censorship.

“In a matter of weeks, Big Tech platforms have banned speech identifying biological men as men, removed video of a sitting U.S. senator criticizing them, banned a news service for streaming a speech from former President Trump, and changed policy to allow calls for assassinations, as long as they’re against Russians,” Bovard told The Federalist. “These companies represent the biggest speech platforms in the world, and are actively seeking to change free speech culture in America along overt ideological lines. They aren’t scared of their users, and they aren’t scared of Congress. They cannot be shamed. It’s time for Congress to act aggressively.”

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Twitter Is Censoring Federalist Reporting As ‘Violent Content’

“The link you are trying to access has been identified by Twitter or our partners as being potentially spammy or unsafe,” Twitter’s warning reads with a caution to users that the content could be “violent or misleading.”

A Twitter spokesperson told The Federalist Wednesday night “the URLs referenced were mistakenly marked under our unsafe links policy — this action has been reversed.”

The episode follows Twitter’s crackdown on The Babylon Bee, whereby it froze the satirical website’s account along with several of the publication’s staff for posts rejecting the leftist orthodoxy on sex. In order to reclaim its account and avoid a permanent suspension, the paper is required to delete the offending post, which featured an article headlined “The Babylon Bee’s Man of the Year is Rachel Levine.” The article mocks USA Today for naming Levine, President Joe Biden’s transgender-identified U.S. assistant secretary of health, as one of its 2022 women of the year.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Big Tech 'censored' Air Force veteran who shared story of rising from poverty to a college education

An Air Force veteran’s account was disabled on social media after she posted her story of rising from poverty to graduating with four degrees, saying she "made it happen" herself and is "not responsible" for anyone else’s student debt.

"What did I do wrong?," Smith asked. "I shared my story. That's how I grew up. That's how I believe everyone is responsible for their own bills and payments, and I'm being punished for it. And I just I find it absolutely unacceptable that Big Tech has that kind of power."

A LinkedIn Help account on Twitter responded to her complaint saying that they "recognize there may be times when [they] don’t get it right", offering the option to appeal the decision if felt it was removed in error.

"I’m not seeing Democrats being censored. I’m seeing conservatives censored," Smith told Fox News. "They’ve got 100% control over our freedom of speech right now on these platforms, and I find that to be very scary."

HemiHauler

Big Tech 'censored' Air Force veteran who shared story of rising from poverty to a college education

An Air Force veteran’s account was disabled on social media after she posted her story of rising from poverty to graduating with four degrees, saying she "made it happen" herself and is "not responsible" for anyone else’s student debt.

"What did I do wrong?," Smith asked. "I shared my story. That's how I grew up. That's how I believe everyone is responsible for their own bills and payments, and I'm being punished for it. And I just I find it absolutely unacceptable that Big Tech has that kind of power."

A LinkedIn Help account on Twitter responded to her complaint saying that they "recognize there may be times when [they] don’t get it right", offering the option to appeal the decision if felt it was removed in error.

"I’m not seeing Democrats being censored. I’m seeing conservatives censored," Smith told Fox News. "They’ve got 100% control over our freedom of speech right now on these platforms, and I find that to be very scary."

In other news, morons don’t really understand what censorship is and is not.

Story at 11:00.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Former Reddit Chief Uses ‘Free-Speechers’ as a Pejorative Term

Pao was reflecting the mindset of others who have headed or still head the various social media giants. Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal said in 2018 that Twitter should “focus less on thinking about free speech, but thinking about how the times have changed. Where our role is particularly emphasized is who can be heard. And so increasingly our role is moving towards how we recommend content … how we direct people’s attention.” Sure. If those “free-speechers” were given free rein, they might end up directing people’s attention away from the opinions and views approved by the elites. People might even start thinking for themselves. Can’t have that.

Meanwhile, Facebook, according to Fortune magazine, has been “clamping down on hate, increasing penalties for users who repeatedly share misinformation, and linking readers of any post related to COVID-19 to information from government sources.” What if those government sources share “misinformation”? That possibility is not considered; nor is the change of what constitutes approved opinion over time.

This creeping authoritarianism and the increasingly open opposition to the freedom of speech of Pao, Agrawal, and others strikes at the very foundations of free society. The freedom of speech is an indispensable prerequisite for any society truly to be free. If speech that is not calling for or justifying violence or criminal activity can be proscribed for any reason, then a tyrant can take advantage of speech restrictions in order to silence opponents and dissidents.

In America today, however, fewer and fewer people understand or believe this. In October 2019, the Campaign For Free Speech (CFS), a pro-First Amendment advocacy group, released poll results that showed, the CFS stated, “just how vulnerable free speech protections” were in America today.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

YouTube removes Tucker Carlson interview with woman who detransitioned

Helena Kerschner began taking testosterone at the age of 18. She was lured into the realm of trans ideology, and believing that she was not female, after delving into online fan fiction communities. She spoke to Tucker Carlson, and when a clip of her interview was posted to YouTube, it was taken down for "violating YouTube's policy on spam, deceptive practices and scams."

The video showed a segment of a longer interview Kerschner gave to Carlson about her transition and detransition, what led her down the road of gender identity exploration and questioning, how she found her way out, and what her view on the gender industry is after her experience.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Citing Russia, Big Tech Monopoly Power is Vital to National Security

While one of their central claims is that Big Tech monopoly power is necessary to combat (i.e., censor) “foreign disinformation,” several of these officials are themselves leading disinformation agents: many were the same former intelligence officials who signed the now-infamous-and-debunked pre-election letter fraudulently claiming that the authentic Hunter Biden emails had the "hallmarks” of Russia disinformation (former Obama Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, former Obama CIA Director Michael Morrell, former Obama CIA/Pentagon chief Leon Panetta). Others who signed this new letter have strong financial ties to the Big Tech corporations whose power they are defending in the name of national security (Morrell, Panetta, former Bush National Security Adviser Fran Townsend).

The ostensible purpose of the letter is to warn of the national security dangers from two different bipartisan bills — one pending in the Senate, the other in the House — that would prohibit Big Tech monopolies from using their vertical power to "discriminate” against competitors (the way Google, for instance, uses its search engine business to bury the videos of competitors to its YouTube property, such as Rumble, or the way Google and Apple use their stores and Amazon uses its domination over hosting services to destroy competitors).

One bill in the Senate is co-sponsored by Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) and Sen. Charles Grassley (R-IA), and has attracted ample support in both parties, as has a similar House bill co-sponsored by House Antitrust Committee Chair David Cicilline (D-RI) and ranking member Rep. Ken Buck (R-CO). The amount of bipartisan support each bill has garnered — and the widespread animosity toward Big Tech reflected by this Congressional support — has shocked Google, Amazon, Apple, and Facebook lobbyists, who are accustomed to getting their way in Washington with lavish donations to the key politicians in each party.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Fascist Twitter Launches New Tyrannical Policies Ahead of Shift From Covid to Climate Change Hysteria

With much of the hype surrounding Covid-19 dying down, the focus of Neo-Marxists is shifting back to climate change. We're about to see a major push by the radicals (aka Democrats and their woke minions) to bring Greta Thunberg, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, and their merry band of leftist loonies back to the forefront. The goal: complete economic control through Green New Deal style policies.

Twitter is making a preemptive move to support the cause. According to The Blaze:

Twitter said that advertisements that run afoul of the "scientific consensus" regarding climate change are not welcome on the social media platform.
The big tech company declared that "misleading advertisements on Twitter that contradict the scientific consensus on climate change are prohibited, in line with our inappropriate content policy. We believe that climate denialism shouldn’t be monetized on Twitter, and that misrepresentative ads shouldn’t detract from important conversations about the climate crisis. This approach is informed by authoritative sources, like the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Assessment Reports."
Individuals and institutions around the globe continue to beat the climate alarmism drum, warning that action must be taken to avert a climate crisis.
"We recognize that misleading information about climate change can undermine efforts to protect the planet. In the coming months, we’ll have more to share on our work to add reliable, authoritative context to the climate conversations happening on Twitter," the company noted.

By targeting advertisements, they're setting the stage for a more draconian attack on unpromoted posts. They won't be alone. Facebook has been quietly censoring climate change "misinformation" for years. I know, as I was a victim of this way back in 2019 when an article I posted accurately reported that the Australian bush fires were caused in large part by the highest number of arsons the nation had ever seen. The "crime" I committed that got the post censored was a single quip, "This throws a wrench in the notion that climate change is to blame for the fires."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

PayPal's IndyMedia Wipeout

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F01e74b83-1172-4f8d-911d-87792cf335ab_2344x1886.png

In the last week or so, the online payment platform PayPal without explanation suspended the accounts of a series of individual journalists and media outlets, including the well-known alt sites Consortium News and MintPress. Each received a variation of the following message:

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F4ba4bfb0-c4ea-4e24-8c8b-58feafeb8992_1328x1272.png

Unlike many on the list, Consortium editor Joe Lauria succeeded in reaching a human being at the company in search of details about the frozen or “held” funds referenced in the note. The PayPal rep told him that if the company decided “there was a violation” after a half-year review period, then “it is possible” PayPal would keep the $9,348.14 remaining in Consortium’s account, as “damages.”

“A secretive process in which they could award themselves damages, not by a judge or a jury,” Lauria says. “Totally in secret.”

Consortium, founded by the late investigative reporter Robert Parry, has been critical of NATO and the Pentagon and a consistent source of skeptical reporting about Russiagate, as well as one of just a few outlets to regularly cover the Julian Assange case with any sympathy for the accused. Ironically, one of the site’s primary themes involves exploring disinformation emanating from the intelligence community. The site has had content disrupted by platforms like Facebook before, but now its pockets are being picked in addition.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Big Tech’s Censorship Ramps Up With Partisan Email Interference — So House Republicans Are Upping The Ante Too

Big Tech controls the information flow to the world, and its clear anti-conservative bias is a threat to free speech and our republic. At times, it sure seems that companies such as Google are tougher on conservatives than they are on China, a country that is committing egregious human rights violations. The latest bias against conservatives has to do with Google’s Gmail services, which are sending Republican political campaign emails to spam at a much higher rate than those of Democrat political campaigns.

A recent study from North Carolina State University analyzed emails sent from campaigns of Republicans and Democrats during the 2020 election. The findings of this academic and nonpartisan study were shocking, showing massive bias against conservatives. Gmail, which is the largest email provider in the country, sent close to 70 percent of emails from Republican political campaigns to spam and allowed 90 percent of Democrat candidates’ emails to go straight to users’ inboxes.

According to a news analysis of the study, “NC State researchers used more than 100 Gmail, Outlook and Yahoo accounts to collect more than 318,000 emails from May through November 2020. They came from both major presidential campaigns, as well as 78 Senate candidates and 156 House candidates of both parties. In general, the study found, Gmail was more than 50% more likely to mark a Republican email as spam than a Democratic one.”