Big Timber Campground ?

keekee

...in King George, VA

Anyone ever camp here?
I can't find a single online review of the place!

limblips

...in King George, VA

Anyone ever camp here?
I can't find a single online review of the place!

I can't find one either. I found one business review site that said it was established in 1972. That could be an error but I do find it odd that there are no reviews. It isn't too far and there are things to do in the area so you might make a day trip to just look at the place. Or maybe stay at Westmoreland and drive over to check it out. Let us know.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I see a Big Timber campground in Cape May - Kee, do you have a website address for them?

keekee

I saw this one too - but it appeared to be written by the campground owner (?)

I also saw the monthly rate listed - which makes me nervous!

As for amenities - we prefer campgrounds with very few.
They tend to be quieter and more laid-back.
Not interested in camping near a playground - or having golf carts whizzing by.
No pool - no playground - no planned activities = perfect.

We might check it out this summer.
If we do I'll report back.
And I'll also leave a review on every site I know of !

limblips

Maybe we could talk the mod in to a sub-category for just campground reviews! We also like the quiet campgrounds. Usually camp at state parks because they tend to have better rules and enforce them.

keekee

Maybe we could talk the mod in to a sub-category for just campground reviews! We also like the quiet campgrounds. Usually camp at state parks because they tend to have better rules and enforce them.

Great idea!
I'd be all over it.:yay:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Post campground reviews in the Travel forum, or the Vrai and Monello sub-forum. They'd be available to our members, of course, but would also get picked up on Google so people all over the (free) world could find it as well.

Since going vagabond I'm really big into campground and other lodging reviews, and super super big on specific city information - what to see, eat, and do.