Bike crash in Mechanicsville

Pete

Repete
Looked like a purple and silver Harley busted up bad. VFD were holding a tarp while the medics worked to keep the carnival like crowd that had gathered on both sides of the road from peering in. Saw the helicopter a few minutes later heading north along 5, probably to pick up the rider.

Pete

Repete
Boy and I washed the bike and rode up to the Goldwing riders bike show at the Cheney building. Went to Hooters for some wings after. Saw 1 bike down on Crain Hwy, then saw the crash in Mechanicsville. A Vette is sounding more and more desirable.

I am VERY defensive riding. Multiply that X10 when Boy is with me. But this is always sobering.

oldman

Lobster Land
Pete said:
I am VERY defensive riding. Multiply that X10 when Boy is with me. But this is always sobering.

Sobering is a good way to put it IMO. I had a moped as a teenager but it was country with little traffic. Loads of fun. Since then I've read about cycle accidents and to be honest I'm not man enough to ride one. With todays traffic I have total faith in my driving ability but I just do not trust other drivers. Call me a wuss, but I feel a little more secure inside a car.

Pete

Repete
oldman said:
Sobering is a good way to put it IMO. I had a moped as a teenager but it was country with little traffic. Loads of fun. Since then I've read about cycle accidents and to be honest I'm not man enough to ride one. With todays traffic I have total faith in my driving ability but I just do not trust other drivers. Call me a wuss, but I feel a little more secure inside a car.
Well it is a tough call. Drivers are distracted these days and there is more congestion and people are in more of a hurry. A great many of the bike accidents your read about are caused by people on bikes doing stupid shiat. High speed wheelies, running from the cops, weaving, speeding and losing it.

When I ride I am alert and somewhat fearfull, but not scared if that makes any sense. I am not scared as in fear for my life, jittery, but I am fearfull of what people could do. When you see 2 bikes down in one afternoon it causes me to pause. I don't know what happened in the Mechanicsville incident and I suppose what is worrisome to me is that I used to hear the biker was doing something foolish and feel reassured I was OK as long as I keep my wits about me and stay defensive, lately it is getting a little harder to keep the same mindset.

oldman

Lobster Land
Pete said:
Well it is a tough call. Drivers are distracted these days and there is more congestion and people are in more of a hurry. A great many of the bike accidents your read about are caused by people on bikes doing stupid shiat. High speed wheelies, running from the cops, weaving, speeding and losing it.

When I ride I am alert and somewhat fearfull, but not scared if that makes any sense. I am not scared as in fear for my life, jittery, but I am fearfull of what people could do. When you see 2 bikes down in one afternoon it causes me to pause. I don't know what happened in the Mechanicsville incident and I suppose what is worrisome to me is that I used to hear the biker was doing something foolish and feel reassured I was OK as long as I keep my wits about me and stay defensive, lately it is getting a little harder to keep the same mindset.

I have no doubt you ride defensively nor that a lot of the accidents are caused by numbnuts on cycles. I just picture myself on a cycle in an accident and having the skin worn off my body or banging my head on a tree or curb and I want no part of it. I also realize the same thing could happen in my car but it's not something that's on my mind all the time. I'm certainly not anti-cycle but it just isn't for me - I'm a wuss and proud of it.

J

jaybeeztoo

Friend of mine, heading up there now to check him out.

Stay tuned :ohwell:

BrassieChic

Pandora said:
Got the answer. :huggy:

Hey what answer do you have???

It's NOT Jaybeeztoo that was in the accident...I'm on the phone talking with her right now and she's heading up to Shock Trauma to see her friend that was involved....Thank GOD it's wasn't her!!!

Anyway, anyone know anything more???

Pandora

BrassieChic said:
Hey what answer do you have???

It's NOT Jaybeeztoo that was in the accident...I'm on the phone talking with her right now and she's heading up to Shock Trauma to see her friend that was involved....Thank GOD it's wasn't her!!!

Anyway, anyone know anything more???

When I saw JB post, I was concerned it might be D but a couple people let me know they already asked that question and the answer was no. :yay:

bcp

In My Opinion
Have no clue who it could be.
Im looking for people to post, a bunch of those I know ride have posted, but still a few have not.

praying that whoever it is, is able to recover from the accident.

someone keep us informed.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
bcp said:
Have no clue who it could be.
Im looking for people to post, a bunch of those I know ride have posted, but still a few have not.

praying that whoever it is, is able to recover from the accident.

someone keep us informed.

Well, I thought it could have been my oldest son or my ex, but my son called me and while we were talking, his dad called him. Everyone else I know that rides a Harley is accounted for also. Hope all is well, I get sick when I hear there is a bike crash.