Billing..

donbarzini

Okay, here goes: She says it depends upon what insurance carrier you have. Because they can't bill you until the insurance pays their portion. Does that help?

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
The problem is Insurance paid their portion when they were billed, I have the copies of that. So yesterday I get something in the mail that states I have to pay a $1000 from my stay in 06

MMDad

Lem Putt
The problem is Insurance paid their portion when they were billed, I have the copies of that. So yesterday I get something in the mail that states I have to pay a $1000 from my stay in 06

Sounds like a billing error. Have you called yet?

Is this from the hospital or the Dr.? If it's from the Shah's, it's no surprise. They have screwed up the billing just about every time we have had to go there.

punjabigyrl

If it is from Saint Marys hospital. I'd say go to them and show proof and more than likely they'll send you another bill. get a lawyer to write a letter because this happened to us. Especailly with the radiology department. They got paid through my insurance and they kept sending me a bill stating it was unpaid. I showed them that they were billed and to stop harrassing me with that. Talk to the head of billing.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
Sounds like a billing error. Have you called yet?

Is this from the hospital or the Dr.? If it's from the Shah's, it's no surprise. They have screwed up the billing just about every time we have had to go there.
Ok, no this is from Calvert.

So I called and got the rest of the story.

My insurance paid the bill in full last year. Then decided they paid to much called for a refund, and then paid back a lower amount, which in turn has stuck me with a bill

MMDad

Lem Putt
My insurance paid the bill in full last year. Then decided they paid to much called for a refund, and then paid back a lower amount, which in turn has stuck me with a bill

:eyebrow: That doesn't sound right. I'd talk to your insurance company and find out what they think you owe. If the hospital overcharged for something, you shouldn't be stuck with it.

Good luck! This stuff can be a real PITA.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
:eyebrow: That doesn't sound right. I'd talk to your insurance company and find out what they think you owe. If the hospital overcharged for something, you shouldn't be stuck with it.

Good luck! This stuff can be a real PITA.
Here is the other kicker. This is from an old insurance company. I was no longer covered by them Sept 07. So they decided Nov 07 that they paid too much.

Mdcopswife

Boss Lady
I work doing medical insurance appeals. We have insurance companies over pay us all the time. Usually we catch this error and refund the ins company before it affects the patients billing. I am working on one account right now that is 2 years old. Get copies of your EOB's and review them. I suggest you call the insurance company directly and make sure the amount you owe is correct.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
I work doing medical insurance appeals. We have insurance companies over pay us all the time. Usually we catch this error and refund the ins company before it affects the patients billing. I am working on one account right now that is 2 years old. Get copies of your EOB's and review them. I suggest you call the insurance company directly and make sure the amount you owe is correct.
My old company is involved now. Because I was no longer working there or covered by the insurance when they felt they paid to much

My old company is involved now. Because I was no longer working there or covered by the insurance when they felt they paid to much
The date they decided they paid too much is not an issue... the Date of Service for the bill in question is the only date issue. You were covered at the time of service so the insurance company you had at that time is responsible to answer your questions about that claim TODAY.

mv_princess

mv = margaritaville
The date they decided they paid too much is not an issue... the Date of Service for the bill in question is the only date issue. You were covered at the time of service so the insurance company you had at that time is responsible to answer your questions about that claim TODAY.
Well both issues are being addressed. But like I said it is going through my old company now, simply because I no longer have an employee id with the insurance company