Billionaires call for more taxes.

Hijinx

I can't figure them out. Maybe some of you can.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/24/business/wealth-tax-letter/index.html

If they don't feel they pay enough all they have to do is write a check to the IRS.
Why do these people think a law is needed if they want to pay more.
But I hate to see them disappointed.

If they want to pay more I say bust their azz open.
Of course a lot of them will be looking for new homes in cheaper countries.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If they don't feel they pay enough all they have to do is write a check to the IRS.

It's really that simple, but as of this minute I haven't heard of any of them actually doing it. I'm pretty sure what they mean by "we should pay more in taxes" is "you little people should pay more in taxes." After all, how many of these fat cats get busted for tax evasion? (The answer is: a lot of them.)

This_person

There are something like 585 billionaires in the United States today. This article is that 18 of those, or, 3% of them (one of those being George Soros) thinks they should all pay more in taxes. That's roughly the same percentage of Americans who are Satanists. Coincidence?

Either way, if 97% of them wanted to pay more, but didn't voluntarily, it would and should have zero impact on the tax rates. If we are going to treat everyone "fair", we would injure everyone the same, thus have a flat tax rate with no deductions. That means we all are injured the same by government.

herb749

What some are saying in public is a cover for their lawyers & accountants asking in private, what's in it for my clients.?

transporter

It's really that simple, but as of this minute I haven't heard of any of them actually doing it. I'm pretty sure what they mean by "we should pay more in taxes" is "you little people should pay more in taxes." After all, how many of these fat cats get busted for tax evasion? (The answer is: a lot of them.)

Hey spitubble, why don't you go read the letter??

Hijinx...you can't figure this out? That is not surprising...you can't figure out which shoe goes on which foot.

What difference does it make to you people if a group of uber wealthy folks believe the US as a country would be in a better financial position if they paid a little more in taxes? You morons are supposed to be Patriots. YOU are the ones who should be celebrating the willingness of others to put country above self.

But no...you piss and moan....look for the conspiracy theory...belittle the folks who are looking to help others.

You people suck.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
What difference does it make to you people if a group of uber wealthy folks believe the US as a country would be in a better financial position if they paid a little more in taxes? You morons are supposed to be Patriots. YOU are the ones who should be celebrating the willingness of others to put country above self.

Then why aren't they? They can freely write a check and mail it in to the treasury at ANY time!

Why haven't they?

Oh, wait... Because it's posturing bullshit.

This_person

Hey spitubble, why don't you go read the letter??

Hijinx...you can't figure this out? That is not surprising...you can't figure out which shoe goes on which foot.

But no...you piss and moan....look for the conspiracy theory...belittle the folks who are looking to help others.

You people suck.

I read the letter. Not once did it say, "and, to show we are not just full of sh-it, we are opening our checkbooks and donating $X to the treasury to help achieve all of the lofty goals we listed above."

These are icons of leadership and trail-blazing individuals who want....to be told they HAVE to.

When they start writing checks, I'll believe them.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And you better believe they're going to fabricate every bullshit climate change, electric car, organic farming, heritage species and protected wetland deductions they can carve out. :lmao: