Bioton

mingiz

Horse Poor
I usually use just a good hoof dressing like reducine. This drought isn't good on thier feet with them stomping flies and as dry as it is. They're not getting the natural moisture in thier feet. Plus horses that have shoes on tend to loosen them up from the stomping and it spreads the nail holes which can cause cracking....JMO

fredsaid2

I use a Horsetech product with good results. I don't use topical dressings. I do use a sealer like Keretex. It is very good at retaining the natural moisture in the hoof. You could give a Biotin supplement a try, see if you get results. No one thing works for all, but your horse might benefit.

Robin

also remember that a feed thru hoof product can take up to 8 months or better to grow thru the length of the hoof. Horseshoers friend, farriers formula, biotin crumbles, HorseShoerers Secret. Talk it over with your farrier and/or vet. How ever they will help but not right away.

Tazgirl

Robin said:
also remember that a feed thru hoof product can take up to 8 months or better to grow thru the length of the hoof. Horseshoers friend, farriers formula, biotin crumbles, HorseShoerers Secret. Talk it over with your farrier and/or vet. How ever they will help but not right away.

My farrier was great he is trying a new thing, my horse had bad cracks in three hooves, going almost up to the top of the hoof on a couple of them. So the farrier casted him with this new stuff on all four hooves and made him synthetic shoes on the bottom of the casts.

I didn't specifically ask him about supplements I was just wondering if supplements would help prevent this in the future. I will ask him when he comes back to check my guy.

R

remaxrealtor

Robin said:

Ben is sending me out to see you this afternoon! Horseshoers Secret twice a day on Lou. Do you carry bridles now?