Bird brings down a deer.

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
bresamil said:
You planning a purchase? Should I hide my dog? :eyebrow:

I thought about an owl, but I can't see $2000 and much time literally fly away and never come back. :lmao:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
gumby said:
This isn't for the faint of heart. Anybody here into falconry?? It looks like an interesting and expensive hobby.

http://break.com/index/catching-a-deer-with-a-bird.html

I've always been fascinated by it. DNR only allows minimal hunt time however and it is quite expensive, aviary and bird health alone, not to mention time and attention required for training. There is a Maryland Falconers Association/Club although I don't know how developed it is.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/wildlife/falconry.asp

http://www.marylandfalconry.com

Btw, if the bird is properly trained, it will come back. :smile:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Thats pretty neat...not as bad as expected :lmao: I am eatting dinner and watched it 2-3 times and never missed a bite...I'm hungry :lmao:

Radiant1

Soul Probe
raptors!

Lilypad said:
I recently watched a hawk pick up my neighbors 8 wk old JRT and take off! :jameo:

I identified a male redtailed hawk in my tree last winter which I didn't think was likely so I had to research...

:begin useless information: When redtail hawks migrate south they prefer to stay east of the mountain range and west of the ocean. Apparently, some get disoriented for whatever reason and follow the ocean line too closely. They will not cross large bodies of water and will not fly back north, so when they find themselves funneled into a penninsula (i.e. So. Md.) they are stuck there for the winter. :end useless information:

It was a fluke that I had a redtail visitor last winter; however, they prefer to return to the same spot every year so I'm hoping to observe him again.

The bald eagle population has increased where I live. Sometimes I get a show above my house when the weather conditions are right.

DeadEye has taken some AWESOME close-up pictures of a nest of osprey where he lives. DE, if you're reading, will you share?

~rad - enraptured with raptors

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I bought 15 pigeons last year at a sale...brought him home let them out of the crate they did one circle around the barn and left...$45 bye bye..

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
Bet he doesn't have anyones nasty little guttersnipes running across his lawn.

:yay: :yay:

BlackSheep

Radiant1 said:
I identified a male redtailed hawk in my tree last winter which I didn't think was likely so I had to research...

:begin useless information: When redtail hawks migrate south they prefer to stay east of the mountain range and west of the ocean. Apparently, some get disoriented for whatever reason and follow the ocean line too closely. They will not cross large bodies of water and will not fly back north, so when they find themselves funneled into a penninsula (i.e. So. Md.) they are stuck there for the winter. :end useless information:

It was a fluke that I had a redtail visitor last winter; however, they prefer to return to the same spot every year so I'm hoping to observe him again.

The bald eagle population has increased where I live. Sometimes I get a show above my house when the weather conditions are right.

DeadEye has taken some AWESOME close-up pictures of a nest of osprey where he lives. DE, if you're reading, will you share?

I've got 2 Redtail's that come to my feeders every morning for "breakfast"-usually picking up a Dove. The are expert at what they do!

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
Radiant1 said:

I got about 50 with me but they are 10 meg files each so I will size em down and post here later.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
BlackSheep said:
I've got 2 Redtail's that come to my feeders every morning for "breakfast"-usually picking up a Dove. The are expert at what they do!

Now that would be a sight to see every morning with one's coffee. I am soooo jealous! My redtail disappeared after a few days. :bawl:

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
1 more

Attachments

• chick7.jpg
    chick7.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 96

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Radiant1 said:
Now that would be a sight to see every morning with one's coffee. I am soooo jealous! My redtail disappeared after a few days. :bawl:

Did you run outta doves :shrug: