Birds at work

citysherry

I Need a Beer
One of the attorneys at work has been bringing her birds in daily for about a year now. At first I didn’t mind because they generally stay in her office...she has cages and perches for them. I don’t think she is keeping the bird cages very clean - there is a definite odor in her office and we have an infestation of Indian meal moths! Now I’m wondering if there any health concerns to be worried about since she’s not keeping it very clean. Does anyone know if there are health hazzards from domestic bird droppings and feathers?

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
there is a definite odor in her office and we have an infestation of Indian meal moths! Now I’m wondering if there any health concerns to be worried about since she’s not keeping it very clean. Does anyone know if there are health hazzards from domestic bird droppings and feathers?

The odor can be bad I know that... not too mention the meal moths can get into other food items (I think), I don't think that's a good environment for asthma sufferers or allergies. If you do a search online you will probably find good info.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
What kind of birdz?

Besides just being plain ol' nasty, dirty cages can cause illness in birds, and attract roaches and rodents. If I were in your shoes, I'd report it to the health department.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
One of the attorneys at work has been bringing her birds in daily for about a year now. At first I didn’t mind because they generally stay in her office...she has cages and perches for them. I don’t think she is keeping the bird cages very clean - there is a definite odor in her office and we have an infestation of Indian meal moths! Now I’m wondering if there any health concerns to be worried about since she’s not keeping it very clean. Does anyone know if there are health hazzards from domestic bird droppings and feathers?

Leave a polite anonymous note informing her that her office stinks and people are starting to talk. A gentle little reminder might do a world of good. We had to do that to a stinky fat woman we worked with, after she got the note telling her people noticed her bad hygene the problem dissapeared and she didn't have anyone in particular to be mad at.

nobody really

I need a nap
Leave a polite anonymous note informing her that her office stinks and people are starting to talk. A gentle little reminder might do a world of good. We had to do that to a stinky fat woman we worked with, after she got the note telling her people noticed her bad hygene the problem dissapeared and she didn't have anyone in particular to be mad at.

that would be your best bet - or bring in a cat. might make for an interesting day

ewashkow

Yes, they can transmit disease

Winged Wisdom Pet Bird Magazine - Zoonotic (Bird-Human) Diseases: Psittacosis, Salmonellosis

At a glance, birds can transmit:
-psittacosis
-salmonella
-allergic alveolitis, messes with the lungs
-campylobacteriosis, this is primarily from poultry though
-new castles disease
-tuberculosis

This woman may not know that she is putting other people's health at risk but definitely let her know the birds need to "fly the coop".

unixpirate

Pitty Party

My doctor brings his dog Randy to the office everyday. Randy is awesome. :huggy:

Birdlady

birdlady
Health

:shocking::shocking:

It is not very healthy for anyone to be around more less breathe the same air.The cages should be cleaned daily along with fresh food and water.Wonder if she would like to live in a dirty ,smelly,,etc.... cage.Maybe her home is the same..

M

Mousebaby

:shocking::shocking:

It is not very healthy for anyone to be around more less breathe the same air.The cages should be cleaned daily along with fresh food and water.Wonder if she would like to live in a dirty ,smelly,,etc.... cage.Maybe her home is the same..

:yeahthat: My birds get clean cage and fresh paper and food and water every morning. In fact they scream at the top of their lungs till I do it! I like the idea of leaving her a note annonymously, that would be the best way to go. Oh and use strange paper so she can't trace it back to any of you! :lmao: