Bit blustery out there

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Lovely. Wind really sporting straight down the river and making white caps. And we've got close to 100 people making the 1-mile boat ride to our annual island oyster feast event. Gonna be a wet boat ride..

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Where is the wind, as measured by the Beaufort Scale?
(as taken from 'A Dictionary for Landlubbers')

1. No wind at all
  2. Too little wind
  3. Too much wind
  4. Much too much wind
  5. Wind, wind wind - whooooeeeee will it ever stop blowing?
  6. Blammo!!!!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Where is the wind, as measured by the Beaufort Scale?
(as taken from 'A Dictionary for Landlubbers')

1. No wind at all
  2. Too little wind
  3. Too much wind
  4. Much too much wind
  5. Wind, wind wind - whooooeeeee will it ever stop blowing?
  6. Blammo!!!!
It's a very subjective call..... If it's blowing 20 mph and I'm on my Hobie cat, the wind is perfect. If I'm beating in to 4' seas with my 18' skiff, it's a hurricane.

black dog

Free America
It's a very subjective call..... If it's blowing 20 mph and I'm on my Hobie cat, the wind is perfect. If I'm beating in to 4' seas with my 18' skiff, it's a hurricane.

You still flexible enought to sail a pontoon?

When we were young my brother and I had a prindel 20, he sailed and I was hiked.
What a blast in 20+ knots on the Magothy...

It was difficult adjusting while sailing to places that had daily winds of over 20 knots.
Kinna like soloing a 45' or better into a slip going downwind along with the tide at the same time.
Always liked watching 100' + ships dock with the wind.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
You still flexible enough to sail a pontoon?
Been sailing cats for 40 year plus...and still can. Barely. Started out on Cougars. My first Cougar was a 1966 MKIII. The most challenging cat I ever sailed was a B-Lion...that thing was a monster to handle. That was around 1983 or so..when I was Commodore of the Purdue U. sailing and racing club. I've also had a Soul Cat and the successor Nacra. But today all I have left is one Hobie 18.

For racing, I moved to Melges M-20s and E-scows...gave away my last of those about 5-6 years ago. Pic below is my brother and I on my M-20 racing..

Last edited: