Bit help please!

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
Hello!

I'm riding in AMIT show on Sunday to get my new girl out to see how she acts but I've run into a problem, I forgot that the bit I've been using has been western. This is the bit I need in english form and it has to have hooks for a curb.

Schneider Saddlery

Does anyone have one they are selling or I could borrow? Or know any tack stores with any in stock. There is a Myler version of the bit but I would prefer not to spend the $100 on it.

TIA!

Robin

Hello!

I'm riding in AMIT show on Sunday to get my new girl out to see how she acts but I've run into a problem, I forgot that the bit I've been using has been western. This is the bit I need in english form and it has to have hooks for a curb.

Schneider Saddlery

Does anyone have one they are selling or I could borrow? Or know any tack stores with any in stock. There is a Myler version of the bit but I would prefer not to spend the $100 on it.

TIA!

Its a kimberwick bit

devinej

i bet elam has something for you.

is that the bit you are using right now? if so, you can use that in the show...

have you played around with other bits to make sure you really "need" that type, or if others might also work?

Robin

i bet elam has something for you.

is that the bit you are using right now? if so, you can use that in the show...

have you played around with other bits to make sure you really "need" that type, or if others might also work?

The horse was at a professional trainer for a while and this might be the bit that she works right in. its not harsh with good hands. it is a self correction bit. I agree with Devine there is not much difference in that bit you show and the one to replace english.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
The horse was at a professional trainer for a while and this might be the bit that she works right in. its not harsh with good hands. it is a self correction bit. I agree with Devine there is not much difference in that bit you show and the one to replace english.

BlissfulJumper does have very quiet hands. Robin your right the bit is only as strong as the person using it. With educated hands you can get the correct reaction. A Rider with horses that is pulling them around sometimes put the horses in a rubber bit and the horse is happy. If the horse is upset and tosses their head with a single joint snaffle then try a double joint snaffle.

Good luck at the show this weekend BlissfulJumper. :howdy:

Duckz

Hey girl, I have a kimberwick you can borrow, but it's Lincoln sized :whistle: 5.5" I think. You are welcome to try it. It's in my locker at AMIT.

IntegritysDream

haha ill never forget the time i put indy in a kimberwick because he would never give/respect the Dring snaffle and he about killed me! running backwards, spinning, he actually popped up and when he did, he slipped and fell backwards almost on top of me. would not even walk forward and i had absoultly NOOOOO contact on the reigns the whole time, i was riding on the buckle and the chain was not even touching him either... eventually we got him to give and at least trot forward with mild contact, but i will say, i think because of that bit/lesson, was when we had a break through cause after that day, he finally started respecting his usual bit (the D ring snaffle)

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
Thanks guys! I'm on trial with some Myler bit from elams and I have another option coming from him. Like everyone else said it really isn't a harsh bit if you know how to use it. It's for the pretty much finished horses who just need a little reminder. It's wonderful for keeping her poll level.

Thanks for the offer duckz but I think im going to skip bobbys show anyways cause of the rain and just trailer her to smha next weekend to see how she does around a big scene.

Thanks for all the help though and words of praise and whatnot! :)