Bitcoin, cryptocurrency, blah blah blah

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Amazon product

There wasn't a single word in either of those links that was helpful, unless bitcoin really is something geeks made up that normal people aren't supposed to understand, and if they do finally start to understand it the geeks will change it.

As far as I'm aware, the local C-stores don't take bitcoin for payment. Neither does the grocery store. Nor do the RV parks. So what good is bitcoin to someone like me, who isn't a geek and doesn't need super secret nerd stuff to be cool?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Investment perhaps

For what? So far I haven't seen where it has any value.

I've lost count of the internet software/protocols/programming languages/whatever that were supposed to be the big standard, that are now obsolete. I have to laugh at the dummies who rushed to recode their websites in Flash. :lol:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
What even is that? Can someone explain it to me in normal language?
What Was the Dutch Tulip Bulb Market Bubble?
The Dutch tulip bulb market bubble, also known as 'tulipmania' was one of the most famous market bubbles and crashes of all time. It occurred in Holland during the early to mid 1600s when speculation drove the value of tulip bulbs to extremes. At the height of the market, the rarest tulip bulbs traded for as much as six times the average person's annual salary.

Today, the tulipmania serves as a parable for the pitfalls that excessive greed and speculation can lead to.

Clem72

There wasn't a single word in either of those links that was helpful, unless bitcoin really is something geeks made up that normal people aren't supposed to understand, and if they do finally start to understand it the geeks will change it.

As far as I'm aware, the local C-stores don't take bitcoin for payment. Neither does the grocery store. Nor do the RV parks. So what good is bitcoin to someone like me, who isn't a geek and doesn't need super secret nerd stuff to be cool?

Pretty sure you won't find an argument, anywhere, that bitcoin is good for someone like you (except for predatory arguments that you should buy it purely as an investment). Right now it's a ponzi-scheme built on a tech demonstration of a kind-of-cool technology (block-chain) that was poorly implemented.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pretty sure you won't find an argument, anywhere, that bitcoin is good for someone like you (except for predatory arguments that you should buy it purely as an investment). Right now it's a ponzi-scheme built on a tech demonstration of a kind-of-cool technology (block-chain) that was poorly implemented.

Yeah, Gurps :smack:

Investment perhaps

TPD

the poor dad
One of my teenage employees tried to explain crypto currency to me a couple of weeks ago. I know no more now than I did a month ago. But 2 of my youngest employees are investing in the crypto market for what it’s worth.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What entity backs that coin?

None ... the value is what someone is willing to pay ...... not unlike the Stock Market

as I said Earlier .. The Value of your Dollar is worth about as much ... and as the Fed increases the amount of $$ in circulation with all this stimulus your $ buys less