Bits/saddle pads and other tack

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
OK...we went shopping for the new Redhead in the family...(and HOW much did that horsie cost? :lol:)

Got her a new gaited horse tacky tack saddle pad (built up in the loin area for added protection)
A 3 step mounting block (she's a very big 15.2-3 girl)
New headstall - it's lovely, with brass hearts on the sides of the browband
I'm planning to ride her at first with my Bighorn round skirt saddle (LOVE this saddle) and i hope it rides well with her. She's built like a QH, and my big backed short loined Appys don't mind it
And a walker bit like the one pictured except mine has a copper mouthpiece.
Question is, i don't see where to put a chin strap. does anyone else use this type of bit? Breeding farm suggested using one...and in all the head shots of othe RMHs i don't see the chin strap because the bit is pulled back too far to see it.

What do you guys use?

Attachments

• loose-cheek-lowportbit.jpg
    loose-cheek-lowportbit.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 129

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
the bridle i have doesn't have a noseband, i wonder if it should? He didn't ride her with one. She's 0, but hasn't been ridden steadliy for a few years, so she needs about 30 days to be brought back up to speed i think.

Can you meet us at 2:30 at Greenwell Sunday?

HorseLady

Painted Spirit
The difference with the western vs the gaited bit is you need to use a curb chain with the gaited and not a curb strap. There doesn't seem to be enough room to put the leather ends of the strap. Call me about Greenwell (I'll pm my number) Good Luck! :howdy:

W

WildHorses

Those are BEAUTIFUL HORSES!!!!! :flowers: I know, this is a bit and tack thread, but I just had to say it! :howdy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
appyday said:
THANK you...dems my Pasos...You need to come over and ride with me one day..

I tried to get her to come over today with me...she dissed me :lol:

:kidding: she had something going on...