BJs hand Sanitizer Recalled

PeoplesElbow

For those that may have bought Blumen hand sanitizer at BJs it has been recalled for methanol.

The FDA list didnt mention the Blumen brand, but the ones relabeled as Blumen.

mitzi

For those that may have bought Blumen hand sanitizer at BJs it has been recalled for methanol.

The FDA list didnt mention the Blumen brand, but the ones relabeled as Blumen.

Not surprising. All I've been using is peroxide. I keep a bottle in the car for when I come out of the store.

DaSDGuy

Yep. Could be fatal if you drink it. Only an idiot would drink hand sanitizer. Maybe let nature take its course and give Darwin Awards later.

Goldenhawk

Yep. Could be fatal if you drink it. Only an idiot would drink hand sanitizer. Maybe let nature take its course and give Darwin Awards later.
I know you were trying to be funny, but it's not just drinking it that is a problem.

Methanol is also well-known by the medical community to be absorbed through the skin and cause toxic effects. It takes longer exposure than drinking methanol, but when it's hand sanitizer that's being used repeatedly, it's a real risk. "Long-term exposure to methanol has been linked to headaches, mood changes, eye and skin irritation, trouble sleeping, stomach problems and visual impairment. Repeated short-term exposures can also lead to such symptoms."

Also, when used as a hand sanitizer, the methanol evaporates and is breathed in, which is also another method of entry into the body. "Short-term exposure to methanol vapor can irritate the eyes, nose and throat and cause headache, nausea, throwing up, dizziness and trouble breathing. Other common symptoms of drunkenness, such as lightheadedness, giddiness, blurred vision and dilated pupils, might also appear."

Jurgo

So both hand sanitizer and BJs have been recalled? I’m happy to provide both to anyone in need of quality ones.