BJ's is more wise than the CDC or the Governor.

Hijinx

I went to Walmarts today and about 90% were wearing masks, the signs were gone and some of us had abandoned the masks.

I went over to BJ's sans mask and when I went to leave they told me I needed a mask. They even offered to supply me with one, they were nice about it, but I advised them that the CDC and the Governor said I didn't need a mas'
They would not check me out because I refused to wear a mask, I left the basket sitting there and left

black dog

Free America
Walmarts new program is, if one including employees has been vaccinated a mask is not required.
They trust all will be truthfull with wearing a mask or not.
Employees that are vaccinated can turn in a copy of their vaccination and get a 75.00 bouns on thete next paycheck.

black dog

Free America
Wait, who says you have to buy something in every store you go into? I walk out of stores all the time without having bought anything.

No one, and certainly not me. But i'm sure BJ's had their requirements posted on the entrance doors.
Im quite sure you're not in the habit of ignoring others person property rights and fill shopping carts up and then act like a petulant child and walk out leaving you cart for the storekeepers to stock put back in stock.

PJay

No one, and certainly not me. But i'm sure BJ's had their requirements posted on the entrance doors.
Im quite sure you're not in the habit of ignoring others person property rights and fill shopping carts up and then act like a petulant child and walk out leaving you cart for the storekeepers to stock put back in stock.

Makes no sense. He walked in with no mask, he walked all around store with no mask..if they were concerned about big bad germs they would have someone standing at the door not allowing anyone in not wearing one.

black dog

Free America

Makes no sense. He walked in with no mask, he walked all around store with no mask..if they were concerned about big bad germs they would have someone standing at the door not allowing anyone in not wearing one.

There are always two sides to a story. They are not the Mask Police, and they nipped it at the checkout line. The offer was to be an adult and put a mask on to check out. And i'm sure it was posted on the front door.
Would you open a fence gate that had a sleeping dog on the front porch along with a sign on the gate that said Treaspass and that Dog will Bite?

PJay

There are always two sides to a story. They are not the Mask Police, and they nipped it at the checkout line. The offer was to be an adult and put a mask on to check out. And i'm sure it was posted on the front door.
Would you open a fence gate that had a sleeping dog on the front porch along with a sign on the gate that said Treaspass and that Dog will Bite?

Are you drunk?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

No, I wouldn't do that. But I'm sure golam wouldn't either, he was just blowing off steam. The local store doesn't make the rules, those come down from corporate. It's like yelling at the waitress at Bob Evans because you think the prices are too high - punishing the wrong person.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So you don't agree with personal property rights?
Personal property rights, sure. But a business open, and accommodating, to the public cannot set set stupid policies forcing people to wear a mask that has been proven scientifically that they do nothing to protect from any virus. On top of both Federal and State withdrawing the stupid mandate.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This brings up an interesting little conundrum. If businesses have the right to not serve people who aren't wearing a mask, why don't they have the right to not make cakes for people/entities they disagree with? Are they private property or are they a public accommodation?

PeoplesElbow

If I may ...

Personal property rights, sure. But a business open, and accommodating, to the public cannot set set stupid policies forcing people to wear a mask that has been proven scientifically that they do nothing to protect from any virus. On top of both Federal and State withdrawing the stupid mandate.
Sure they do, they can say to shop here you have to wear pink yoga pants and high heels if they want to.

Especially since it's a private club that members entered a contract with.....

golam

PREMO Member
Are you saying you would put on the mask in order to checkout? What if they asked you to stand on one leg and hop out of the store, would you comply in order to protect their personal property rights?

PeoplesElbow

Are you saying you would put on the mask in order to checkout? What if they asked you to stand on one leg and hop out of the store, would you comply in order to protect their personal property rights?
An individual does not protect their rights, but they have to comply with their wishes to do buisness with them, the same as with any buisness.

PeoplesElbow

This brings up an interesting little conundrum. If businesses have the right to not serve people who aren't wearing a mask, why don't they have the right to not make cakes for people/entities they disagree with? Are they private property or are they a public accommodation?
I've always felt they have the right to not serve anyone for any reason they want.

black dog

Free America
If I may ...

The company can absolutely set condition fot its customers.
Like the No Shirt No Shoes = No Service.
Some fine dinings say you have to wear a Collor Shirt.
Just because some think somethings stupid has no bearing on others property rights.