BJs Membership

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Are the big purchase clubs hurting? Desperate for memberships? I've let my BJs membership expire before, and they start sending lower cost renewals. $45, then $35, eventually $25. This year they went straight for a $20 renewal just a short time after it expired. That's dirt cheap for a membership.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Are the big purchase clubs hurting? Desperate for memberships? I've let my BJs membership expire before, and they start sending lower cost renewals. $45, then $35, eventually $25. This year they went straight for a $20 renewal just a short time after it expired. That's dirt cheap for a membership.
I renewed a couple months ago for $25 after letting mine expire. After mine expired, we continued to get their coupon books. Then I renew and NO coupon books. I went in last week and requested they start sending me coupon books again!
I have always felt it is ridiculous to pay for a membership and still have to clip coupons for savings! But there are certain things I will only buy if I have a coupon like laundry soap. They are certainly not cheaper than other stores for many of the food items but I guess it is the convenience of buying in larger quantities. Their meat is pretty good and their clothing is affordable. I do wonder if, locally, their business has been hurt by Harris Teeter, Aldi and other grocery stores that will bag your order in advance.
Their gas prices are also reasonable and with fuel going up and predictions we will be paying $4 a gallon before long, I will probably top my tank off when in SMC.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'm like you, FF. There are certain things I get there, like chicken pieces. The Purdue chicken comes in blister pac 3 or 4 pieces to a pac, freezer ready. Cant touch wings anywhere else, BJs is $2.89.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My wife and I are members, shop there maybe once a month, gas up there more often.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
You want to see desperation, try to quit Directv. Your rate starts at $150 a month once you tell them you're going to quit the immediately drop the price in half, if you tell them no thanks a supervisor calls back and knocks an extra third off and gives you HBO for a few months.

PeoplesElbow

Every year ive let mine expire, wait a few months and get a coupon for half price membership. The last day of my membership I do my shopping to hold me over.

PeoplesElbow

You want to see desperation, try to quit Directv. Your rate starts at $150 a month once you tell them you're going to quit the immediately drop the price in half, if you tell them no thanks a supervisor calls back and knocks an extra third off and gives you HBO for a few months.
Sirius XM is the same, I got lifetime $65/year membership.