BJs Propane

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Just went up to fill a couple of propane bottles. Normally, you go in, pay, get the refill and be on your way. Today, there was someone sitting in car, outside the office, asking what I needed. Told him. He said I had to make an appointment. :eyebrow: Really? Not enough staff. Or come back another time. Decided to come back on a weekday.

So he's a dedicated greeter, sitting in his car outside, with a clipboard, making appointments. In the time we talked, he could have filled one of the bottles. Not sure what the logic is there.

Hessian

So...comparison shopping here. I have always filled up at ACE in Lusby...their price is never advertised. What is the price for your "scheduled" BJ's fill up? My 25 gallon tank typically runs $70-75.00+/-

black dog

Free America
Just went up to fill a couple of propane bottles. Normally, you go in, pay, get the refill and be on your way. Today, there was someone sitting in car, outside the office, asking what I needed. Told him. He said I had to make an appointment. :eyebrow: Really? Not enough staff. Or come back another time. Decided to come back on a weekday.

So he's a dedicated greeter, sitting in his car outside, with a clipboard, making appointments. In the time we talked, he could have filled one of the bottles. Not sure what the logic is there.

Go to Three Mules Welding... Tell them The Great State of Indiana told you to stop in..
Oh and have them put it on Island Engineerings account....

L'Town.girl

( Not me, of course ) But I hear some people really like BJ's.

stgislander

PREMO Member
What.... Call Brian, he will make it right...
That was last year. Not even sure I could dig up the receipt anymore. They had set prices for a 20 lb and 33 lb bottles. Upon closer inspection after I got back to the office, I realized I paid a higher $/gal for the 33 lb than I did for the 20 lb bottle. When I called back and questioned it, the young guy said there was nothing he could do. This was at the GMR store.

black dog

Free America
That was last year. Not even sure I could dig up the receipt anymore. They had set prices for a 20 lb and 33 lb bottles. Upon closer inspection after I got back to the office, I realized I paid a higher $/gal for the 33 lb than I did for the 20 lb bottle. When I called back and questioned it, the young guy said there was nothing he could do. This was at the GMR store.

I would still call Ben south or Brian up north.

I believe the only time I paid more was when they had to purge some new 100 lbers I bought from Lowes.. Maybe 2 or 3 extra bucks at the most.

Remember maf is hard for those smcib....

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

I get mine filled at Three Mules Mechanicsville. They fill a grill tank for $12 from empty. IDK what their per lb price is, but I'm sure it's as good as or better than BJs. The only drawback is that they close at noon on Saturdays.

PeoplesElbow

I get mine filled at Three Mules Mechanicsville. They fill a grill tank for $12 from empty. IDK what their per lb price is, but I'm sure it's as good as or better than BJs. The only drawback is that they close at noon on Saturdays.
Wow thats cheap, I thought BJs was the cheapest around for about $15. Made the mistake of going to to Hewetts once and it was close to $30.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
After I posted, I just knew someone would flag that....