Black ice hockey!!

GregV814

dateline: Washington DC:
A black ONLY ice hockey league was showcased on the evening news tonite.... isn’t it cute and so inclusive???

anybody want to discuss the feasibility of forming a white only bad mitt ion league??? No?? (Crickets)...

TPD

the poor dad
White cricket league? Yeah I’m in. But Just to warn ya - I’ve never played cricket.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I thought this was going to be weather related. I just loves me some black ice, very smooth, slick.

As for the question you posted - you GD RACIST!!! - :)
Had to get that in. One reason to not watch the news, BS like this. I mean it's great that certain sports that were not available to all are no reaching more of our youth. Oh maybe 10 years ago I read a story about ice hockey clubs / leagues for Native Americans in the southwest. They weren't exclusive, rather inclusive, it was how the sport was expanded into areas where it had never existed and giving kids the opportunity to play.
When I was a kid, I think maybe by high school, there was one or maybe 2 ice rinks in the county. We weren't NE or Minnesota or Canada, we had frozen water but most of it was running, not lakes or ponds. So ice skating was not something we could do, even in the winter.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I bet there are a crap load of fights in this league. Sucker disrespected me.

MiddleGround

Can anyone name one sport where it doesn't have either of the following:

• A segregated "all African American" version
  • It's biggest star(s) aren't African American

I'll wait. :tap:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I like a black hockey league because it gets black kids interested in the sport. Like when Tiger rose to prominence in golf.

Like it or not, we largely see through a racial prism. So anything that integrates and unites through common interest, I'm for that. And if it gives disadvantaged black youth someone to emulate besides their local drug dealer or gang member, that can't be a bad thing.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
anybody want to discuss the feasibility of forming a white only bad mitt ion league??? No?? (Crickets)...

Honestly, I don't think I've ever seen a black person play badminton. So any league you would form would most likely be white only.

gemma_rae

My friends made up a game just like croquet, where if the other players weren't looking you could hit the ball as many times as you liked. It was called Bro-quet.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My friends made up a game just like croquet, where if the other players weren't looking you could hit the ball as many times as you liked. It was called Bro-quet.

So that's what you call it! My cousins and I played that all the time.

black dog

Free America
White cricket league? Yeah I’m in. But Just to warn ya - I’ve never played cricket.

I have an all Blacks Tee shirt packed away... The few times i wore it, folks see it and get a stupid look on there faces..

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
B'more penal league, since a lot of folks that meet the primary criteria are there. Plus they have a lot of free time on their hands for practicing.

DannyMotorcycle

Eh, while they're busy pucking around, at least they're not pointing their fingers at you calling you racist!
On the other hand it kind of congregates segregation.. but whatever.. idle hands are the devils workshop..
The more people who want to keep busy in this world the better.. especially if they are recruiting people from impoverished high crime areas. I'd rather see young men pucking around than running through the neighborhoods rummaging cars or shooting it out.
Perhaps they could achieve excellence and then want inclusion with other cultures/races.
Are they going to take a knee and protest there too? shrug whatever just do it.