Black Mayor Launches Police Raid to Shut Down Black Church

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Lightfoot reportedly sent three marked squad cars and two unmarked cars full of officers to the Chicago Cornerstone Baptist Church in the South Side’s Woodlawn neighborhood. Woodlawn is just south of Hyde Park, the area in which the Obamas lived for a short time before Barack became president.

The pastor of the mostly black congregation, Courtney Lewis, reportedly shut and locked the doors and refused to allow the officers to gain entry to the building, Todd Starnes reported.
Pastor Lewis told Starnes that he felt like he was confronting “the Soviet-style KGB” as the officers pounded on his doors and demanded entry to shut the church down.
“Thankfully, our doors were locked as a normal safety precaution we take each service to protect our members from the escalating gun violence in Chicago,” Lewis said.
A sentry that is usually posted outside the sanctuary to monitor the street during service also reported seeing occupants of a dark car with tinted windows filming the incident through one opened window.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...-launches-police-raid-shut-down-black-church/

• Wow
Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

Either there was no white Church having services or she feared messing with the white folks.
By the way Butch Lightfoot is not the brightest bulb on the tree.

BOP

This is retaliation for the black churches not supporting her during her mayoral campaign.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Armed police showing up at a church, pounding on the door to gain entrance, is not the way the American government deals with American churches. It’s not the way a country that guarantees freedom of worship enforces the law.

But Lightfoot’s goons would have fit right in during 1930s Germany.

Pastor Lewis contacted U.S. Attorney John Lausch for assistance.

Disrn:
“We are trying to follow the laws of man as much as reasonably possible, but when the laws of man conflict with the laws of God, I, as a pastor, have a duty to follow the laws of God,” Lewis wrote in a letter to Lausch. “We will not be intimidated by this overhanded government bully, but we are requesting the assistance of our president and our Justice Department in correcting this grave miscarriage of the law.”
The question of why Walmart can open and not churches is a fair one. In truth, I go to Walmart once a week and buy food. Their “social distancing” is strictly left up to customers and I wouldn’t trust those bored kids with cleaning my shopping car any more than I’d trust my pet cat Snowball. I bring in my own disinfectant wipes.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...-cracking-down-on-churches-in-chicago-n427566

BOP

Armed police showing up at a church, pounding on the door to gain entrance, is not the way the American government deals with American churches. It’s not the way a country that guarantees freedom of worship enforces the law.

But Lightfoot’s goons would have fit right in during 1930s Germany.

Pastor Lewis contacted U.S. Attorney John Lausch for assistance.

Disrn:

The question of why Walmart can open and not churches is a fair one. In truth, I go to Walmart once a week and buy food. Their “social distancing” is strictly left up to customers and I wouldn’t trust those bored kids with cleaning my shopping car any more than I’d trust my pet cat Snowball. I bring in my own disinfectant wipes.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politi...-cracking-down-on-churches-in-chicago-n427566
It's not hard to figure out. If your business or corporation is large enough and generates enough revenue for the government in the form of taxes, bribes, and kickbacks, you're considered "essential." If not, as is the case with small businesses, well, you're "non-essential." Churches, being tax excempt, not only do not provide revenue to the government, but are revenue negative.