Black Mother and four children handcuffed after police mistake their SUV for a motorcycle..

Crabcatcher79

Can't wait for you guys to explain that white children are frequently handcuffed by police during non violent altercations.

Brittney Gilliam was with her 6-year-old daughter, 12-year-old sister and 14- and 17-year-old nieces Sunday when police drew their weapons on them. Gilliam said she, her sister and 17-year-old niece were handcuffed while police verified that the car Gilliam was driving was not stolen.
A Facebook video shows the children on the ground in a parking lot, surrounded by police. They can be heard crying in the video. Onlookers try to intervene and question police about pulling their guns on their girls.
Gilliam and the four girls all are Black

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Why do you have to make it a race thing?? They were a family in a suspected stolen vehicle..

Oh, I think I get it now.. if they were white, it wouldn't be newsworthy, not worthy of your attention, and wouldn't be a big deal.

Crabcatcher79

Why do you have to make it a race thing?? They were a family in a suspected stolen vehicle..

Oh, I think I get it now.. if they were white, it wouldn't be newsworthy, not worthy of your attention, and wouldn't be a big deal.

If they were white no one would know because they wouldn't have even been asked to get out of the car.

Much less handcuff a 12 year old for a suspected stolen motorcycle when the family was driving an SUV.

Why do you continue to deny reality?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Can't wait for you guys to explain that white children are frequently handcuffed by police during non violent altercations.

https://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/2014/08/when-can-police-place-you-in-handcuffs.html

Many people associate being handcuffed by police with being arrested and read Miranda rights.

However, there are several different situations, including but not limited to being arrested, in which police may place you in handcuffs or other restraints without violating your civil rights.

So when can police put you in handcuffs? Here are a few common scenarios:

• When executing a warrant. The U.S. Supreme Court affirmed the right of police officers to use handcuffs to detain occupants of premises being searched pursuant to a search warrant in Muehler v. Mena in 2005. The Court had previously found in Michigan v. Summers (in 1981) that handcuffing an occupant during search of the premises was not a violation of the Fourth Amendment's prohibition on unreasonable seizure of a person.
  • For officer safety purposes. The same rationale that allows officers to handcuff occupants of a premises being searched also applies to other situations in which an officer feels he or she may be at risk. As a training bulletin used by the Los Angeles Police Department states, "The handcuffing of an arrestee is not based on rigid criteria. It is determined by the nature of each situation as perceived by the officer." If an officer feels that placing a person in handcuffs is the best way to ensure his or her own safety, then a court would not likely find that the officer had violated the rights of the person being detained.
  • While a person is in custody. A person who has already been arrested and taken into custody may be handcuffed while in custody, even while appearing in court. However, if wearing restraints in court would be unduly prejudicial to a jury, your attorney may be able to challenge it.
  • When there is probable cause to place you under arrest. Although police are not obligated to place a suspect who is being arrested into handcuffs or other restraints, officers may do so if they feel that it is necessary for their own protection.
If you feel your civil rights have been violated by police misconduct, a criminal defense attorney can help you defend yourself in court.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
If they were white no one would know because they wouldn't have even been asked to get out of the car.

Much less handcuff a 12 year old for a suspected stolen motorcycle when the family was driving an SUV.

Complete speculation on your part.

Find a news story where a white family was in a suspected stolen vehichle and allowed to go on without checking it!

I'll wait. :tap:

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Why do you continue to deny reality?
Bullshit.. it came back as a stolen car, and police depts have processes to do stops on stolen cars, the article even states that.. it's not RACE based, but stolen car based.

Except for you, for you everything is race based.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I confess, I'm posting without reading the full article, but is getting your nails did allowed in Aurora with the fake pandemic still in the news, or is it like peaceful riots and masks aren't required? Researching...

Okay, after reading the article and some research, I found that nail salons are indeed open in Aurora. I can't for the life of me understand why. I suppose not everybody has the same definition of essential. :sshrug:

Last edited:

WingsOfGold

Word from the grave.......
7dfd583467042e8c9056c1731a0f0205.png

SHIIT HAPPENS!