Black or brown

BlissfulJumper

Equestrian :)
What color do you prefer in riding boots paddock? western?

Color typically doesn't matter to me. But both of mine are brown if that matters. Western boots i jsut go with whatever I like for schooling and then of course for show whatever matches my outfit. I like crazy colored western boots. I'm currently looking for a pair of boots that are black and white checkered with rhinestones that i say at the congress... Sounds funny looking but actually gorgeous!

devinej

both of mine are brown, but i just get whats on sale. i would go with black and black half chaps if i had a preference, but ah well.

now for showing, for like kids that show in paddock boots? i would go with brown to match the garter straps and the rest of the tack.

Robin

both of mine are brown, but i just get whats on sale. i would go with black and black half chaps if i had a preference, but ah well.

now for showing, for like kids that show in paddock boots? i would go with brown to match the garter straps and the rest of the tack.

thanks devine

anyone else?

covekat

I usually wear Jodphur boots instead of Paddock boots... I get tired of dealing with the laces. Brown is more traditional (IMO) but I also will buy black to match my chaps or leggings. I also agree in brown for the kids!

Duckz

I have black paddock boots w/ black half chaps, no real preference either way for schooling. Agree with devine that the kiddies in short stirrup look nice in brown boots for shows. I know some adults who show in black paddock boots with nice black leather half chaps. Soooo, kind of a toss up!

highnote

I dont care about color for paddock boots, because I only use them for schooling. Had a friend get peanilized for wearing half chaps in a show, even though jackets were not required they still wanted to see tall black boots.

The pair of paddock boots I have is brown. Agree with brown for the kids. But also agree with devine, I just buy what's on sale.

There are really no situations in which I would want or need black paddock boots. So I'd say carrying brown in the store would be best.

Eventer29

I just try to match. I used to LOVE black boots for schooling, got a cheaper pair of brown half chaps and went brown after that. I always wore black boots when I wa showing western. Most of my outfits were neutral or had black in them. If I were getting a pair of western boots just to wear, like in public, not at the barn I like the colorful ones.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
One of each!

Attachments

• shoes.jpg
    shoes.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 122

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
I have 4 pair of brown and 2 pair of black. I am waiting on some Gators for my black boots. I like Ariats. Are you carrying Ariat now? I would probably get mainly brown for kids sizes and both for adults. Enjoy the snow. I have to go ride now. :lmao:

XSalute

We use both out here in SoCal. Black for dressage and brown for the hunter. Are there many younger dressage riders in SMD these days? I prefer the Ariats for the show, but we use the less expensive ones for every day riding. My oldest is almost big enough for the tall boots (which she is very excited about!), but until then, we have been doing black paddock with black half chaps for the dressage shows. Brown paddock boots and garters for hunter. Although there was one show where we couldn't get her size in brown in time (seemed like she grew overnight!!) and found black garters to go with her black boots so it looked okay. So you will have at least one client that uses both next year. :howdy: