Black smoke on Pax?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Wirelessly posted (Change we can believe in!: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

sockgirl77 said:
Just saw 2nd district flying down GMR. Any clue? And yes, I realize it's probably a fire!

Flying? 2nd district has a plane?

FireBrand

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just coming in from work. I could see the column of smoke from over here and a helicopter flying around it sbout 15 minutes ago.

red_explorer

I know at 6pm, there were all kinds of firetrucks from St. Marys heading on base, and ambulances too. My friend is still in town, and just had HAZMAT and Solomons pass her and head onto base.

red_explorer

I know at 6pm, there were all kinds of firetrucks from St. Marys heading on base, and ambulances too. My friend is still in town, and just had HAZMAT and Solomons pass her and head onto base.

Is someone listening to scanners? I cant pick them up online at home. Only dialup. Looked like a LOT of smoke.

red_explorer

Ok

That would make more sense with the amount of trucks I saw going on base, and the amount of trucks my friend saw after me. I hope all involved are ok.

dgates80

Land of the lost
Navy Lodge across from the gas station on base is on fire.

THANK YOU, copy structure fire, what a relief.

There are a lot of people that fly very high performance military aircraft at Pax River, ranging from single seat fighters to full blown airliner sized planes that can potentially hold up to a couple hundred people. People typically get out of structure fires with their skins intact and a loss of property. When these military planes have a problem, people die.

And don't think it can't happen.....

Last edited:

Danzig

2 and a half town house units burned up, started from a smoker grill. One unit was vacant