Blackberry

ugotnothin

I had blackberrys for years. I carried a BB Curve first, then a Pearl, then a Pearl Flip, then I got another Curve, then went to an iphone, then went back to a BB and got a storm.

I liked my curves the best by far. The pearl, and the pearl flip were ok, but browsing the internet was next to impossible. My BB storm was the biggest POS i've ever had. Remember the scene in Office Space when they go postal on the fax machine? That was so me and my Storm, lol.

I now have an Andriod, and really like it, but considering going back to an iPhone now that they are on Verizon. My Andriod is nice, but the iPhone was more business friendly, and I use my phone for business most of the time.

CrystalClear

yea, clear as mud
I have a Blackberry Storm (9520?). Piece of crap. I've had it a little over a year, camera and video does not work. I have to keep changing the time on it. Usually running 4-6hrs ahead. Had to take it back to Verizon recently because the bluetooth would not connect (I need for work). Internet works when it wants to. I will be switching phones in October.

ylexot

Super Genius
I now have an Andriod, and really like it, but considering going back to an iPhone now that they are on Verizon. My Andriod is nice, but the iPhone was more business friendly, and I use my phone for business most of the time.

What's not business friendly about Android?

BigSlam123b

Only happy When It Rains

Agreed. Unless you specifically require a certain device, such as a BB or iPhone, then I would definitely go Android. I use mine for business and personal. It easily syncs with my enterprise work email and does everything an iPhone or BB can do only better.

ginwoman

Well, doesn't sound like the BlackBerry is a good idea. No wonder my cell phone carrier is basically giving them away.

wmburdette

9/11 - Never Forget!
I'm wondering if the comments regarding the Storm were the Storm I or the Storm II. The II has WiFi capability and a keyboard (still virtual) that is much easier to use than the one on the Storm I. I have used both devices for business and personal and have to agree that the Storm I is indeed a POS but the Storm II isn't too bad. Given the alternatives though I suspect I won't stay with even the Storm II when I cycle this summer.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I have a lavender Blackberry Curve you can have if you want. I got it a year ago and used it for a few months and then I upgraded to a Droid X. TBH, for the extra thirty dollars a month to have a data plan you may be better off to get a android, iphone type phone.

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
I have the Blackberry Curve.. and I love it.. Just got a new one a couple months ago.. I debated on the droid but I really love the crackberry.

ginwoman

I have the Blackberry Curve.. and I love it.. Just got a new one a couple months ago.. I debated on the droid but I really love the crackberry.

the blackberry Curve 8330 is one of the phones they offer for free with a 1 yr contract

ugotnothin

Not saying that the Andriod isn't business friendly, just that the iPhone is more business friendly. The iPhone has tasks and notes that synch right out of the box, where as with the Andriods you have to download a 3rd party app. I have tried touchdown and a few others and still haven't found one that I liked. Other than that, I like my Andriod a lot. I have the HTC Incredible.

RIM is going through a transitional period with Blackberrys right now. In an effort to keep up with a smartphone market that looked to be leaving them behind, they will be releasing a new line of phones, with a more capable OPS system, later this year. They also have plans to roll out the much different QNX OPs system next year (on their handsets), which many analysts believe will allow them to compete more favorably with the iPhone and Android platform phones. It should be more appealing to developers and will offer platform flexibility, being able to run, among other things, Android Ginberbread apps.

So, it's not surprising that you're seeing price deflation for existing Blackberry models (and that deflation is evinced by a decline in RIM's ASP number). For one thing, the anticipation for the new products is no doubt suppressing demand for the old ones (though the RIM spokesman tried to deflect when asked about that during the last conference call). For another, carriers are trying to reduce their inventories of existing Blackberry models (and thus likely trying to force sell through with appealing pricing).

I don't know whether RIM's attempt to transform its product line (and remain viable in the smartphone market going forward) will be successful. But, it probably doesn't have to completely keep up with the flexibility, functionality, and ease of media experience that is making the iOS and Android platforms so successful. If it can just get itself close in those areas, its familiarity, and perception as secure, among enterprise users might be enough to make up the difference and allow Blackberrys to maintain a significant share of the overall smartphone market for a while.

h3mech

yes, i agree i plan on getting a new blackberry when my contract is up its been very good to me

E

EmptyTimCup

Do you have one? Do you like it? What model is best? TIA :howdy:

curve w/trackball

..... work is about to issue a Torch :yawn:

since I must have email contact at all times (MIS Manager) i am stuck with it