Blackstone flat top gas grill

General Lee

I have the big one. (Didn't know they had smaller ones). It is fun and great to cook on, cleaning kinda gets old. You need to season it like cast iron to prevent the steel from rusting.

NextJen

Raisin cane
cleaning kinda gets old.

Ha, I find that to be true of many things!
I spend a lot of weekends at my RV and it's a pain to cook on the 3 burner stove inside. Also, the double sink is so shallow that it is hard to fit bigger pans or pots in it to clean them.
I appreciate your feedback. I think I'm almost convinced to go ahead and get one. Cooking outside is always nicer than cooking inside, and I can see where I would really like being able to cook all breakfast items on one surface at one time.

General Lee

I camp also, and I'd agree that the 22 inch would be a great way to cook while camping. I can't bring mine along, to bulky Lol. If the steel top on the 22 is the same thickness as mine its 1/4 inch thick, will last forever if taken care of. If you've ever ate at a Japanese steak house, cleaning the top is the same way they do it. Scrape the crud off and squirt with water while warm to create steam and scrub. I coat it with a little oil before putting the cover on to prevent rust. If you have a garage I recommend storing it inside between uses.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I have one! I think it's the 28". I like it a lot more now that I've been using it more often. In-laws bought it as a wedding present and it sat all winter as our deck isn't covered. I wasn't interested in cooking outside then lol But I spent one day this spring seasoning it and watching dozens of people use it in youtube tutorials so I could get a better idea how to use it. I'm getting there!

I don't think I've been cleaning it right, after use, but I'm going to try General's method of cleaning next time. I've used it for chicken, steak, fajitas, salmon, breakfast (I wasn't a fan of scrambled eggs on there though! Fried eggs all the way) It's been a great gift more recently as we're trying to sell the house so I've been trying to cook outside as much as possible to keep smells and mess out of the kitchen. If we camped (and we plan to once we buy a house with room to keep a camper), I'd absolutely invest in a 22" tabletop. It'd be perfect for that.

I've also found a small inventory of accessories at Wal-Mart.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I think it's the 28".

Thanks for the input. I've watched several videos and all I need to decide now is what size I want to get. I originally thought 22", but I think I should go a little bigger. Not sure I need the 36", so 28" seems like it would be a good fit.

I've looked at them, decided it wasn't for me. I'm happy with a small griddle that fits over 2 stove burners. Use it nearly every day inside, and very easy to take camping.