Blix warns Iraq to disclose weapons

MGKrebs

endangered species
""If the Iraqi side were to state — as it still did at our meeting — that there were no such programs, it would need to provide convincing documentary or other evidence," he told the council."

How the hell would you provide documentary evidence that something didn't exist??

H

Heretic

I agree, they have got a very tough job ahead of them. I see them being kicked out within a year.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maynard, I've been wondering that myself. Actually I think what they're going to have to provide is documentation that refutes the documentation that shows they've been building nuclear weapons. That's the only thing I can think of. So like if there is documentation that proves the Iraquis have been buying whatever it takes to make nuclear weapons, they've going to have to provide something that shows they're using it for something else? Dunno. Good question.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Documentary evidence...

...such as the aluminum tubing and other items that it is known they have. What are they using it for?

This type piping is used to enrich uranium (I think) or some other critical step in building things that go "BOOM".

Our hero Scott Ritter says it's just a bunch of pipes.

There are many industrial processes that are, or can be, dual use, benign and malignant.

It is simple to document the design, proposal, order, purchase, receipt, installation, testing, full use and payment of all kinds of things. Easier so when we are talking about multi-million dollar high tech equipment and parts bought from around the world.

I'd be shocked if Hussein hasn't forged a pile of documents by now.

MG, me thinks you are being a bit naive. We're not talking about ballistic finger printing BB guns with the serial numbers filed off.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by MGKrebs
""If the Iraqi side were to state — as it still did at our meeting — that there were no such programs, it would need to provide convincing documentary or other evidence," he told the council."

How the hell would you provide documentary evidence that something didn't exist??

Well, we know for sure that they have/had biological and chemical stockpiles? They would need the documentation to show that they were destroyed and other evidence (like the plant where they were incinerated or destroyed, etc.). As to the plumbing needed to enrich materials to weapons grade, that we have intelligence that Iraq has acquired, they must show a viable alternative use and the material purchased as evidence that they aren’t doing a nuclear program. If they “can’t find it” then they better explain what happened to it.

If as Iraq is saying they have nothing to hide, then why all the side-stepping and double-talk? ANSWER - Because they are hiding stuff from the inspectors and the world (UN).

MGKrebs

endangered species
Kinda like the IRS

When they come to you and say, "You spent more money 5 years ago than your 1040 should allow. You need to provide documentary evidence of other legal income."

Hope you save all your racetrack receipts!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Re: Kinda like the IRS

Originally posted by MGKrebs
When they come to you and say, "You spent more money 5 years ago than your 1040 should allow. You need to provide documentary evidence of other legal income."

Hope you save all your racetrack receipts!

Well if you knew anything about the tax code then you could easily find a way to advise them of all the gifts (not in excess of $10,000 for that year) that your family and friends gave you. But we aren't looking for tax receipts we are looking for weapons of mass destruction, aren't we? Hell, no one has challenged Hussein on where the humanitarian money for oil proceeds have gone. I bet you think he is actually trying to take care of his people with that money.

MGKrebs

endangered species
I don't know what he's doing.

I'm jus' saying it's a pretty obvious setup.

I don't care how you rationalize it, it's a setup. There is no way they could possibly account for every as yet unkown material/process/transaction that the inspectors will come up with.

I know I know. He brought in on himself.