BLM questions gets 3 life sentences overturned

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
ANyone get a statement from the 2 dead victim's families? This is post trial jury nullification.

A California appeals court on Friday overturned the convictions of three Black men over a 2012 double slaying in Contra Costa County, saying prosecutors dismissed a Black woman from the jury pool for racial reasons.
The prosecutor in the Contra Costa County case inappropriately questioned the 25-year-old woman’s support of the Black Lives Matter movement and dismissed her for reasons that “were plainly tied to race,” said a unanimous ruling by a division of the First Appellate District of California that was reported by the Bay Area News Group.

The ruling overturns the 2016 convictions of Sheldon Silas, 33; Reginald Whitley, 40, and Lamar Michaels, 34. The three are serving life in prison without possibility of parole for the shooting deaths of Christopher Zinn, 24, and his girlfriend, Brieanna Dow, 21.

Appeals Court Overturns Murder Convictions in East Bay Double Homicide, Cites Racism – CBS San Francisco (cbslocal.com)

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
After looking into who the victims were I'm thinking the appeals court decision makes a bit more sense. Maybe?

If the victims were "not black" it would seem to make sense that the prosecutor might be looking to dismiss the prospective juror b/c a BLM supporter might vote to acquit based not on the evidence but rather due to ideology.

But the victims were black. So couldn't the prosecutors have used a pro-BLM supporter on the jury to help gain a conviction...? Wouldn't that have been a smart move? But they didn't so it makes me wonder if the convictions would have been overturned had prosecutors accepted (rather than rejected) the pro-BLM prospective juror b/c accepting that juror would have been for reasons that "were plainly tied to race"?

Makes my head spin.

Interesting story. Thanks for posting.

--- End of line (MCP)

Monello

PREMO Member
After looking into who the victims were I'm thinking the appeals court decision makes a bit more sense. Maybe?

If the victims were "not black" it would seem to make sense that the prosecutor might be looking to dismiss the prospective juror b/c a BLM supporter might vote to acquit based not on the evidence but rather due to ideology.

But the victims were black. So couldn't the prosecutors have used a pro-BLM supporter on the jury to help gain a conviction...? Wouldn't that have been a smart move? But they didn't so it makes me wonder if the convictions would have been overturned had prosecutors accepted (rather than rejected) the pro-BLM prospective juror b/c accepting that juror would have been for reasons that "were plainly tied to race"?

Makes my head spin.

--- End of line (MCP)
At he core of blm theology is the idea that law enforcement are hunting down black people. The courts and the prison system are extensions of the police force. So any action that disrupts that system is a positive for blm adherents.

labron james said:
We’re literally hunted EVERYDAY/EVERYTIME we step foot outside the comfort of our homes! Can’t even go for a damn jog man! Like WTF man are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
At he core of blm theology is the idea that law enforcement are hunting down black people. The courts and the prison system are extensions of the police force. So any action that disrupts that system is a positive for blm adherents.

labron james said:
But what about the black victims? Are you saying that the BLM calculus is that flipping off the system/police ranks higher than justice for the black victims?

This is what is making my head spin; where everyone fits in on the victim intersectionality matrix.

--- End of line (MCP)

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But what about the black victims? Are you saying that the BLM calculus is that flipping off the system/police ranks higher than justice for the black victims?

Yes .. ANY disruption in the white justice system

Monello

PREMO Member

This is what is making my head spin; where everyone fits in on the victim intersectionality matrix.

--- End of line (MCP)
Yes.

The deference hierarchy is very fluid. But it goes something like this for now.

Liberal men
Women - in the general sense like abortion where skin color isn't a factor. If it's political (Palin, ACB) then this doesn't apply. They are fair game.
Gays
POC men
POC women
Muslims/Arabs
Trannys
POC trannys

Some examples.

Karen(white woman) can't call the cops on a POC that is making her uncomfortable.
Black men can be homophobic and no group calls them out on it.
A man will be called a misogynist for any negative comment about women. Unless that man is a muslim. He gets a pass.
A white trans man can punch a woman in the face. He will get paid money to do it. People will say how courageous he is for taking a stand or for being true to herself.

The entire caste system is subject to shuffling.

BOP

Makes my head spin.

--- End of line (MCP)
I'm of the opinion that the structural, systemic racism that exists in our country has to do with the soft bigotry of low expectations, as it has been called, primarily by the left.

Hijinx

Will there be a new trial?
Fill the jury with black ghetto dwellers who enjoy living with murderers among them as long as the killers are black.

Don't come up with any BS about people who live there being frightened or wanting the law to protect them
They are the ones who want to do away with the Police.
They are the ones who refuse to testify or give evidence.
Many are the ones doing the shooting.
They are the ones who bear the responsibility to stop this killing by running the criminals out of their space.