Blood Feathers

M

Mousebaby

My daughter has a cockatiel and I have never noticed a bloody feather, do they happen often?

Not usually, but when it does, it can be nothing like mine was or it can be fatal. Cockatiel's are notorious for night terrors. Make sure she keeps the bird where she can hear it at night and is up with it to calm it down when she hears it fluttering about the cage or she may wake up to what I did. Good Luck! :howdy:

M

Mousebaby

Mostly if something scares them and they flop around and break one in half..

Paso, I caught the birds in the act of making little birdies today. First time I have actually witnessed them getting cozy so to speak. I am definitely going to get some fertile eggs. :ohwell:

Pooh31

Not usually, but when it does, it can be nothing like mine was or it can be fatal. Cockatiel's are notorious for night terrors. Make sure she keeps the bird where she can hear it at night and is up with it to calm it down when she hears it fluttering about the cage or she may wake up to what I did. Good Luck! :howdy:

She hears every noise that bird makes, she keeps him in her room. She bought a dove about a month ago and both are in her room. Its so funny when they fly around her room, of course she does not let them out at the same time. She is saving money to get another cockatiel, she loves birds. i dont have a problem with them becuase she makes sure they are well taken care of.

M

Mousebaby

She hears every noise that bird makes, she keeps him in her room. She bought a dove about a month ago and both are in her room. Its so funny when they fly around her room, of course she does not let them out at the same time. She is saving money to get another cockatiel, she loves birds. i dont have a problem with them becuase she makes sure they are well taken care of.

May not have to if these two keep this crap up I am going to be up to my ears in them! :lmao:

M

Mousebaby

She can let them out together, there should be no problem. The worst that will happen is they will check each other out. I have had those and lovebirds all out together, they pretty much stayed to themselves.

M

Mousebaby

When do you candle them??

I suppose I could now but she lays one every other day, so God knows which was the first one. :lol: I know you said to wait about 12 days when she lays her last, but damn, it don't seem like she's gonna stop! Last time I waited about a week, but I knew those were not fertile because he was still running away from her! :lol:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I suppose I could now but she lays one every other day, so God knows which was the first one. :lol: I know you said to wait about 12 days when she lays her last, but damn, it don't seem like she's gonna stop! Last time I waited about a week, but I knew those were not fertile because he was still running away from her! :lol:

You have been numbering the eggs right :whistle:

M

Mousebaby

You didn't pass out from laughing at me did you? Paso? Paso? Paso? Can you hear me???

SOMEBODY CALL 411 QUICK!!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Well now what???

You messed up..just wait till she is done..wait 21 days then you will know..candle them now anyway..usually they lay the clutch 3-5 THEN start sitting..I think you better rest her after this and let them try again later..She is using alot of calcium and needs a break

M

Mousebaby

You messed up..just wait till she is done..wait 21 days then you will know..candle them now anyway..usually they lay the clutch 3-5 THEN start sitting..I think you better rest her after this and let them try again later..She is using alot of calcium and needs a break

Do I take him out of the cage or what? They go banana's when they are apart. Or do I just mess up the cage like you said before?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Do I take him out of the cage or what? They go banana's when they are apart. Or do I just mess up the cage like you said before?

Like I said..move the cage..take out the nest box..move the food bowls around just make a mess of stuff...she won't set to laying until she settles down..after some time give her back her box etc...I think I would also shorten her daylight hours..

M

Mousebaby

Like I said..move the cage..take out the nest box..move the food bowls around just make a mess of stuff...she won't set to laying until she settles down..after some time give her back her box etc...I think I would also shorten her daylight hours..

Ok, they so far all have yellow yolks, no blood. Do I take all those out and wait for the ones she may lay now since I have seen them actually mate or do I just wait?

PS, Doc says she is still a good healthy weight and is in good shape for having produced so many.