Bloomberg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Mike Bloomberg belittles farming, factory jobs as having less 'gray matter' in video

Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg once said that farming and factory jobs don’t require much gray matter, as opposed to information-era jobs.

In a 2016 talk at Oxford University in England, a clip of which went viral over the weekend, the 2020 Democratic presidential contender belittled both agricultural and industrial jobs as simple and simplistic.

“I could teach anybody, even the people in this room” to be a farmer, he said, calling agriculture “a process.”

“You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, add water, up comes the corn,” he said.

He spoke similarly of factory jobs as mechanical repetition requiring no brain power.

Epic OVER SIMPLIFICATION

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Mike Bloomberg: All of these costs keep going up. Nobody wants to pay anymore money. And at the rate we’re going healthcare is going to bankrupt us. So not only do we have a problem we’ve got to sit here and say which things we’re going to do and which things we’re not. Nobody wants to do that. If you show up with prostrate cancer and you’re 95 years old, we should say go and enjoy, you’ve had a long life, there’s no cure and we can’t do anything. If you’re a young person, we should do something about it. Society’s not willing to do that, yet.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...l-bankrupt-us-unless-we-deny-care-to-elderly/

Is he really wrong 🤷

hell would someone 95 survive the Chemo ?

Spitfire

Greetings:

Someone better inform Bloomberg that farmers who use John Deere tractors (at least; perhaps this is more pervasive) have to use software to 'jailbreak' and install firmware from Ukraine in their gotdamn tractors so that they are able make otherwise "unauthorized" repairs.

On a more serious note, farming has gotten much more advanced over the last some years and farmers have had to adapt technologically.

This guy is a dick.

transporter

Mike Bloomberg belittles farming, factory jobs as having less 'gray matter' in video

Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg once said that farming and factory jobs don’t require much gray matter, as opposed to information-era jobs.

In a 2016 talk at Oxford University in England, a clip of which went viral over the weekend, the 2020 Democratic presidential contender belittled both agricultural and industrial jobs as simple and simplistic.

“I could teach anybody, even the people in this room” to be a farmer, he said, calling agriculture “a process.”

“You dig a hole, you put a seed in, you put dirt on top, add water, up comes the corn,” he said.

He spoke similarly of factory jobs as mechanical repetition requiring no brain power.

Epic OVER SIMPLIFICATION

Huh...its bad to say this but it is ok to say...oh...just a few examples:

1. Mexicans are rapists, murders and drug dealers

2. I don't like people who were captured

3. I don't like people who stand behind their faith to do what they know is wrong

4. Its ok to grab them by the pussy because I am a star.

All those are perfectly acceptable?

BTW...the definition of a factory job is breaking down of tasks so they can be mechanically and efficiently repeated over and over again so the end result is a consistent product...that is the whole freaking point of a factory---doesn't matter if you are making a car or a hamburger at McDonalds.

SamSpade

Well, we have another candidate who thinks you can walk away from mining and become a programmer.

Truth is - not everybody has a job which requires the full compliment of your brain power to solve problems.
Most times, the challenges of white collar jobs are tedium, persistence, patience, wisdom and the will to keep going on a thankless endeavor.
I'd hazard a guess that the overwhelming majority of jobs in America do not require huge intellect most of the time.

And yeah, the man's an idiot. What he described was "farming" if you're growing herbs on your patio.
If you have livestock, farm equipment or a lot of land for crops, you better know your pests, fungi, mechanics, some basic animal science, plant science and soil science.

I always thought George McGovern was a great textbook example of someone who got schooled by reality. After he left politics, he went into various private endeavors, one of which was an inn which he bought, tried to run and went into bankruptcy a mere two years later. He would later comment that he'd "wish(ed) that during the years I was in public office I had had this firsthand experience about the difficulties business people face every day. That knowledge would have made me a better U.S. senator and a more understanding presidential contender."

It's always easy to throw rocks from your ivory tower.

Hijinx

Maybe Bloomberg should go to South Africa where they tossed out the white farmers and turned the breadbasket of Africa into a starving nation.

Putting seed in the ground and waiting for rain is rather simplistic. Farming is hard work. and making it pay is even harder.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
1. Mexicans are rapists, murders and drug dealers

2. I don't like people who were captured

3. I don't like people who stand behind their faith to do what they know is wrong

4. Its ok to grab them by the pussy because I am a star.

All those are perfectly acceptable?

:whoosh:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Speaking of dicks, when was the last time you had one...in either sense of the meaning?

C'mon, you can tell us; we're your friends. Don't gag on it. Spit it out.

She feels her job is expressing her contempt for everyone. Talk about a job that requires the least amount brain cells.

Reactions: BOP

PsyOps

Pixelated
Well, we have another candidate who thinks you can walk away from mining and become a programmer.

Truth is - not everybody has a job which requires the full compliment of your brain power to solve problems.

I have held all manner of jobs. Newspaper delivery, janitor, movie theater projectionist, video store sales, clothing sale, plumber... Now I'm a network engineer. Not one of those jobs is less important than the other. Certainly some were more physically tasking, or mentally tasking than the others. I don't get this elitist attitude towards certain jobs, that somehow if you are a programmer, you're so much smarter than the guy that's a plumber. I was plumber in the AF, and I can't tell you how many fighter pilots didn't know how to use a plunger.

Last edited:
Reactions: BOP

SamSpade

I don't get this elitist attitude towards certain jobs, that somehow if you are a programmer, you're so much smarter than the guy that's a plumber.
Usually the pay is better. Sometimes.

Ever hear a programmer say “I haven’t written a new program in years”? Most of the stuff I write now is cobbled together from my own repertoire going back years or decades. It’s not always efficient but it does the job quickly.

Occasionally I have to solve something complex enough it has me stumped for a week. But most of the time it’s just long tedious work that I test the ever living hell out of. Most of it is patience.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Usually the pay is better. Sometimes.

Ever hear a programmer say “I haven’t written a new program in years”? Most of the stuff I write now is cobbled together from my own repertoire going back years or decades. It’s not always efficient but it does the job quickly.

Occasionally I have to solve something complex enough it has me stumped for a week. But most of the time it’s just long tedious work that I test the ever living hell out of. Most of it is patience.

To me, it's matter of time spent to learn the skill, not how smart you are to comprehend that skill. I'm certain it takes much longer to learn computer programming than it does plumbing. My training as a plumber in the AF was only about 6 weeks. My training in electronic communications was 6 months. But, I can tell you that neither were any more difficult to learn than the other. Both required an equal ability to troubleshoot, measure, calculate, install, prevent damage, etc... I've known some really educated plumbers who could rattle off their understanding of quantum physics or the ancient history of the Roman Empire. I've also known some really ignorant network engineers, where the only thing they knew was how to calculate a subnet and play the latest video games. In my experience, there are far more paper tigers in the IT world than in the plumbing world.

SamSpade

To me, it's matter of time spent to learn the skill, not how smart you are to comprehend that skill. I'm certain it takes much longer to learn computer programming than it does plumbing. My training as a plumber in the AF was only about 6 weeks. My training in electronic communications was 6 months. But, I can tell you that neither were any more difficult to learn than the other. Both required an equal ability to troubleshoot, measure, calculate, install, prevent damage, etc... I've known some really educated plumbers who could rattle off their understanding of quantum physics or the ancient history of the Roman Empire. I've also known some really ignorant network engineers, where the only thing they knew was how to calculate a subnet and play the latest video games. In my experience, there are far more paper tigers in the IT world than in the plumbing world.

The two best circuit designers I ever knew never went to school at all. They WERE both ex-military, so they had SOME training but most of it was self-taught or came by experience. Out of college I could have designed some fairly simple circuits or components, but these guys were building whole systems - and building the prototypes on their own. Granted, they weren't making missile systems - it was industrial engineering, but that also meant they had to know a significantly more amount of mechanical engineering and design that I had no knowledge of whatsoever.

But - back to the subject at hand. Bloomberg DOES frequently demonstrate this elitist thing where his life - having spent almost all of it in an ivory tower building a financial empire - is woefully ignorant of the way most of us live. That said - it doesn't mean he can't be a good President. It just means he's an ass - and I am beginning to believe it's actually a REQUIREMENT for the Presidency.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I've known some really educated plumbers who could rattle off their understanding of quantum physics or the ancient history of the Roman Empire. I've also known some really ignorant network engineers, where the only thing they knew was how to calculate a subnet and play the latest video games. In my experience, there are far more paper tigers in the IT world than in the plumbing world.

you do not get anywhere in the trades being ' book ' smart ... it requires practical application

IT Work not so much

I've seen Microsoft Certified Systems Engineers would could not add memory to a server
I've worked with Plumbers that were high school drop ours 1960s Ex Heroin Addicts that were great plumbers

PsyOps

Pixelated
But - back to the subject at hand. Bloomberg DOES frequently demonstrate this elitist thing where his life - having spent almost all of it in an ivory tower building a financial empire - is woefully ignorant of the way most of us live. That said - it doesn't mean he can't be a good President. It just means he's an ass - and I am beginning to believe it's actually a REQUIREMENT for the Presidency.

I certainly can't take anything away from someone who managed to earn $60+ billion in a single life time. You can't be dumb and be that successful. But, that doesn't mean you can't do ignorant things. If you want to be president, the worst thing you can do is disparage an entire class of people. It's really what I believed destroyed Hillary with her coal miner comment. His comments about farmers and factory workers convinced me that he lives in the same bubble that many elitists live in. He showed himself to be out-of-touch with the ordinary American; unlike Trump who has an uncanny ability to communicate just about everyone on every level. Trump apparently never allowed himself to get get caught up in that bubble elitists live in; and that's why he is so misunderstood by the establishment - our elites in Washington. He doesn't speak to them, he speaks to us.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bloomberg is an out of touch NYC elitist who has no idea what goes into his everyday life because he has people who take care of it. Maids, drivers, minions, personal assistants....in his life, all he really does is show up. If he suddenly had to do a load of laundry he'd be at a loss - he's used to clean clothes just magically appearing.

It's like that with most filthy rich people, but Bloomberg doesn't even attempt to understand or even recognize the jobs of people who provide him with daily necessities. It is said of Trump that he knew every aspect of the construction industry, from laying concrete to project management. He put his sons to work swinging a hammer so they'd have the same experience. Bloomberg never saw a need for that - he ran screaming from his humble roots and never looked back.

Fun fact: Bloomberg's daughters were on a show called "Born Rich" that documents the lives of children of extreme wealth. His daughter Georgina seemed like a nice enough girl, but her occupation is "professional equestrienne" and if there's a more worthless profession I don't know what it would be. That's like the epitome of idle rich girl. Even Paris Hilton is a real businesswoman who produces something.

So yes, Bloomberg thinks his food just magically appears and he has no idea what goes into producing it. And for some reason the bots think that he is on the side of the working men and women, or even knows they exist.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's not just him... It's all the leftist tripe, the Trannys, Hissys and Sappys alike.

Certainly our forum elitist wannabes do their own laundry and buy their own groceries, but they do definitely look down on the people who provide for them. "Oh, you must be college educated or you're worthless and stupid!"...and then their car breaks down or their plumbing goes awry or they need their trash hauled away or they want to eat dinner in a restaurant. Suddenly it's all those stupid worthless people to the rescue.

Bloomberg isn't even the one who calls the plumber or the trash guy or takes his car into the shop - he has people who do that, too.

And that's fine - he's busy with other things (and that, my friends, is how trickle down works btw). But he should at least be aware that these people exist and value them for making his life what it is.