blowdrying hair

wearepbandj

Ok i use hair product ex. mouse or straightening cream and when i blow dry my hair it has lots of static. My bangs look horrible and it just doesn't look right. This just started never had this problem before. What do i do?

Cowgirl

Don't use the product? :shrug: I have found I can't use certain products when I blow-dry, because it just doesn't turn out right. :shrug:

K

Kain99

I got a new blow dryer for Christmas. No product, my hair is straight as a board now. Love it! Conair

wearepbandj

I use the same stuff as i did before i had this issue. My blow dryer dries my hair in 5 mins. I think i'll try some other product. If i dont use product my hair gets really dry. If that doesn't work i'll get a new blow dryer.

Cowgirl

I use the same stuff as i did before i had this issue. My blow dryer dries my hair in 5 mins. I think i'll try some other product. If i dont use product my hair gets really dry. If that doesn't work i'll get a new blow dryer.

It's also winter, and the air is very dry. That could have something to do with it. :shrug:

C

CalvertNewbie

It's also winter, and the air is very dry. That could have something to do with it. :shrug:

:yeahthat: I notice more "flyaways" in the winter, when the air is really dry. I use a leave in conditioner before blow drying my hair. That seems to help a lot.

Ok i use hair product ex. mouse or straightening cream and when i blow dry my hair it has lots of static. My bangs look horrible and it just doesn't look right. This just started never had this problem before. What do i do?

This is going to sound strange but I swear it works: use a dryer sheet :yay:

C

CalvertNewbie

This is going to sound strange but I swear it works: use a dryer sheet :yay:

It's funny you mention that. The last time we went up to NY, our petsitter left us a note that she used a dryer sheet on our dog to prevent the static. She felt bad about shocking him everytime she pet him. I never thought to try it for my own hair. :lol:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
I got a new blow dryer for Christmas. No product, my hair is straight as a board now. Love it! Conair

I ended up buying a new blow dryer because of this problem -- got one of those newer "ion" things for about $20 - conair.

I also get this really great leave in conditioner/styling product from hairdresser: "It's a 10" which is absolutely fantastic!

I ended up buying a new blow dryer because of this problem -- got one of those newer "ion" things for about $20 - conair.

I also get this really great leave in conditioner/styling product from hairdresser: "It's a 10" which is absolutely fantastic!

I might have the same dryer...purple and silver, comes with a difuser(sp?) and a straightener part? I love it! I have curly hair and I really REALLY love the difuser :yay:

dcfdwife

dryer sheets are a wonderful invention - I use them on my daughter's hair all the time cause its one big static mess - Rub the dryer sheet on your brush or comb before you do your hair then rub it on your hair after your done - Throw a few in your purse for a quick rub down and life is good - I use the ones that don't have a smell but my sister uses the ones that smell - She says it makes her hair smell good

Sula

WDF. So worth the wait.
Probably the dry weather. Try a good deep conditioner. Put it on. Wrap your head in saran wrap and leave it in for about 20 min. If the rest of your hair doesn't seem dry then just do your bangs. Overconditioned hair can feel and look just as nasty as dry hair. Keratase makes some great conditioners.

RaspberryBeret

Protected By Trunk Monkey
You might consider running a humidifier in your home.
You've got too much dry air in your home and running the heat (although necessary) is a huge culprit.

gemma_rae

You might consider running a humidifier in your home.
You've got too much dry air in your home and running the heat (although necessary) is a huge culprit.

SO TRUE! The humidifier does work. Try the dryer sheets, too. Don't keep using the same hair brush until you at least use the dryer sheet. An allergist told me that your homes humidity should be at 40. If you have a hygrostat/humidistat see what it reads.

Hope your hair doesn't look like twinoaks207's avatar:faint:

gemma_rae

Probably the dry weather. Try a good deep conditioner. Put it on. Wrap your head in saran wrap and leave it in for about 20 min. If the rest of your hair doesn't seem dry then just do your bangs. Overconditioned hair can feel and look just as nasty as dry hair. Keratase makes some great conditioners.

Sula. What does the WDF under your user name mean? If ya don't mind me asking.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
SO TRUE! The humidifier does work. Try the dryer sheets, too. Don't keep using the same hair brush until you at least use the dryer sheet. An allergist told me that your homes humidity should be at 40. If you have a hygrostat/humidistat see what it reads.

Hope your hair doesn't look like twinoaks207's avatar:faint:

:killingme:killingme Kid shoulda used some dryer sheets, huh?