Blue Angels @ AAFB this weekend

MrX

High Octane
Please come join us as we commemorate the 60th Anniversary of the Berlin Airlift. To include meeting the "Candy Bomber" in the flesh, Col (ret) Gail Halvorsen, and other special attractions from the WWII era.

In addition to the always exciting Navy Blue Angels and the Army's Golden Knights, this year's event will once again host a wide variety of both military and civilian air and ground demonstrations. To include the Air Force's newest and the world's most advanced fighter jet which will include more maneuvers than the 2007 show. This jet fighter can do things you didn't believe possible. The F-22 demonstration will be on all three days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday).

The three-day extravaganza takes place May 16th-18th. Friday, May 16 is open to Department of Defense personnel and school-sponsored children only. May 17 & 18 is open to the public. We offer free no hassle parking, and free admission. Parking for the event is at FedEx field with convenient shuttle service to and from FedEx field and Branch Ave Metro station on both Saturday and Sunday. Admission is FREE. There are plenty of food vendors here on the air show floor with a variety of food and drink items.

Andrews AFB Air Show 2008 - Joint Services Open House at Andrews Air Force Base (KADW) on May 16 2008 to May 18 2008 in Camp Springs, Maryland, USA - Fly-In Calendar

donbarzini

They were practicing as I drove home. Scared the bejesus out of me!!! But man it was nice to watch, once I realized I wasn't being strafed!!!!

Rael

Supper's Ready
Well, it wouldn't be a Joint Services Open House weekend without at least one day of rain (I can't remember even one).

Folks are already starting to come in, vendors, etc. Hopefully the weather will be better when the big crowds get here on Sat/Sun.

MrX

High Octane
Saw a little bit of the show this afternoon coming down Suitland Parkway. Hopefully the weather is better tomorrow!

unixpirate

Pitty Party
They were practicing as I drove home. Scared the bejesus out of me!!! But man it was nice to watch, once I realized I wasn't being strafed!!!!

I know what you mean. I was on the beltway this morning and they had a formation of 3 jets, (not sure what they were) with a prop plane in the middle. Came across the beltway like a big shadow. I was like holy shiat!
It was awesome. :patriot:

Rael

Supper's Ready
I know what you mean. I was on the beltway this morning and they had a formation of 3 jets, (not sure what they were) with a prop plane in the middle. Came across the beltway like a big shadow. I was like holy shiat!
It was awesome. :patriot:

For a couple of years, the hot air balloons did their races in the early morning and late afternoon (when the winds are generally favorable). It was a great advertisement seeing 38 balloons that it was airshow time. They stopped doing it in '95, unfortunately.

unixpirate

Pitty Party
I'd love to go out to the Albuquerque fiesta. Thousands, no? Mostly all of the participants that came to Andrews all went to that one. The Mecca. :yay: That must have been fantastic to go to.

Not sure if I could fly in one of those with the air as your master :faint:

It was beautiful to see.

AndyMarquisLIVE

They flew over the house this morning. :patriot:

I didn't have to go to the air show, the air show woke me up and performed right over the house. :jameo:

Sat on the porch and watched it all. :killingme

MrX

High Octane
was there snce just before 0800 and just got home.... lots of cool stuff and lots of people with cameras. The line to get back on the Metro busses to Branch Ave were insanely long at the end!

Rael

Supper's Ready
was there snce just before 0800 and just got home.... lots of cool stuff and lots of people with cameras. The line to get back on the Metro busses to Branch Ave were insanely long at the end!

I noticed a lot more people tailgating outside the base this year instead of doing the "bus thing". Great day for it, though.

tyky

eieio
I really wanted to go this year, my 5 y/o is dreaming about flying jets when he gets older but on Friday came the dreaded daycare call that my 22 month old was running a fever and it is still going. she does this everytime she gets teeth. I am glad I didn't mention it to my son before hand otherwise he would be disappointed. Maybe next year