Blue-check’s thread about how HORRIBLE marriage is for straight women pisses EVERYONE off

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Anita and I have been a couple since 2 February 1978, wed since 26 June 1982.
I have made a career of following her career.

We never had any illusions of how much work maintaining the relationship IS.

Clem72

I get tired of these snitty liberals giving marriage (or any) advice like they're some expert. "Oh, MY marriage sucked, therefore ALL marriages suck!"
Just improper extrapolation from data. Should have been "Oh, MY marriage sucked, therefore all marriages with me suck!"

SamSpade

I was never under any delusions as to what to expect from marriage. Of course, I married much later in life, and had experienced a lot of things that made me appreciate others much more. I'd been in enough relationships to know, some of the feelings fade, you learn to deal with others' foibles and as one person advised me, communication isn't easier in marriage but it is more NECESSARY. Hence, most decisions are a team effort. I knew that children would tie up my life - I had been alone for so long - I was looking forward to it.

My Dad on my wedding day gave me a piece of advice which is one of the best ones I've ever had - when you think you're doing more than your share, in reality you're probably pulling about even. Because most people are so self-centered, they don't have a good grasp on what anyone else is going through or contributing. My Dad was a great example - he treated my Mom like they were still dating - in his 70's he still held her door at the car and made sure he kissed her goodbye when either left. He was generous to her - she wasn't just his wife, she was his GIRL, and made sure everyone knew it. But I also saw what he went through, emotionally. He had to make a willful deliberate effort, because it was never something he felt and did spontaneously. I guess you could say he spoiled her as much as he was able.

I remember a big argument they were having about savings and money, and she asked why he had to save this or invest this or pay for this life insurance and he shouted "who will take care of you when I am gone?". She was floored. He'd devoted so much of his life to her, it never once occurred to her he'd been doing everything to make sure she NEVER wanted for anything. When he passed - she barely needed to lift a finger. She never really knew until that day. He was a good man.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
He'd devoted so much of his life to her, it never once occurred to her he'd been doing everything to make sure she NEVER wanted for anything. When he passed - she barely needed to lift a finger. She never really knew until that day. He was a good man.
My dad was exactly the same way. He'd forgo for himself so other's had. When he passed, he left a very sizable inheritance to me, and then multiply it by twice again for my other 2 brothers. He had a ton of money squirreled away in various places.

stgislander

PREMO Member
My dad was exactly the same way. He'd forgo for himself so other's had. When he passed, he left a very sizable inheritance to me, and then multiply it by twice again for my other 2 brothers. He had a ton of money squirreled away in various places.
And you blew it all on bikes, blow, and bimbos.