blue truck south on 235

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Stop, really. So you call 911, report an erratic driver...and then what?
After you call the authorities to report a CRIME IN PROGRESS.....
i actually did call the cops she said that theyd already had a few callers about him... as soon as i hung up the cops were behind me to pull him over. and no i dont know him.. i was just stuck behind him the whole way up the road..until they finally pulled him over.

Ooh! Another happy ending! :yahoo:

I wish they'd shoot all these crazy drivers and get them off the road once and for all.

So do you really just turn a blind eye to people commiting crimes and endangering the public

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
:killingme

I have this image of the following dialog on the 911 call:

911: What is your emergency?
Caller: I'm driving south on Rt 235 and there is this_
911: Hold it right there, are you driving while you are making this call?
Caller: why yes.
911: Is this call being made from a hands free device?
Caller: Sort of.
911: Sort of? Please, sir, are you using a hands free device to place this call?
Caller: Yes, I only had to use the keypad on my phone to enter the numbers, but now I'm talking to you hands free.
911: You realize that you have broken the law. That you have put yourself, passengers and others on the road at risk because you took you eyes off the road to place this call?
Caller: I'm sorry
911: Very good, don't let it happen again. You will be recieving a ticket for $25 in the mail for this infraction.
Caller: Say What!?!
911: "Click"

:killingme

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
are you sure it wasn't purple as the cops got one that was purple at the same time you posted this. I bet the cops got this guy pretty good too for driving on tags that insurance was cancelled on etc. they got it after it went through the light at 245. 3 officers pulled it over.

that is all i heard was he was uninsured don't know if he was intoxicated or on some type of cds. i walked away for a few min after i heard that part. I bet the guy was going to visit stmarys detention center too. The person who called him in said he was driving all over the road. The caller stayed behind him til the cops showed up then they got behind him and at first he didn't want to stop. I am guessing that is why they had 3 cops Plus I think whenever a woman cop pulls people over a back up of a male cop shows up to help her out.

I see you've read my siggy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So do you really just turn a blind eye to people commiting crimes and endangering the public

Call me bitter and cynical, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Blue Truck will be right back on the road tomorrow morning. Let's be optimistic and say he was drunk and got charged with a DUI and reckless. He may have a court case and they may fine him, but this will be at a much later date with plenty of opportunity for mayhem in the meantime. So he finally has his court date, and the judge gives him a penalty. Then that same judge suspends the penalty and MBT ends up paying a few bucks in court costs. That is, unless the case gets dismissed altogether.

Help me understand how any of that was worth the bother of making a phone call?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Call me bitter and cynical, but I'm pretty sure Mr. Blue Truck will be right back on the road tomorrow morning. Let's be optimistic and say he was drunk and got charged with a DUI and reckless. He may have a court case and they may fine him, but this will be at a much later date with plenty of opportunity for mayhem in the meantime. So he finally has his court date, and the judge gives him a penalty. Then that same judge suspends the penalty and MBT ends up paying a few bucks in court costs. That is, unless the case gets dismissed altogether.

the problem driver was removed from the road, how is it not worth the bother?

broncosrule

Who's there?

Because he didn't kill anyone today maybe. If I see you choking to death I won't bother trying to save your life because you will die some other day. Glad I get to save some of my time! Thanks vrai!

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
the problem driver was removed from the road, how is it not worth the bother?
:yeahthat: Years ago my cousin was killed by a drunk driver while on her way to work one morning. Who knows what kind of damage this blue truck guy could have done.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Everything is temporary

Not true.

I just get extremely frustrated with our "judicial" system and they way those buttheads just let criminals go free to cause more problems. It seems pointless to me to remove an "immediate threat", when they'll just go on a few hours later to become another immediate threat. And then another one after that, and another, and another.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Not true.

I just get extremely frustrated with our "judicial" system and they way those buttheads just let criminals go free to cause more problems. It seems pointless to me to remove an "immediate threat", when they'll just go on a few hours later to become another immediate threat. And then another one after that, and another, and another.

Other than summary execution by the police for any and all alleged infractions of the law, their isn't much else you can do

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
Wow it sounds like you have a pretty exiting life.

:killingme :howdy:

:yay: use to be every Friday and Sat. .. when I get off from work at 3am!! :jet:

now I changed my schedule!! and get off at midnight on Friday.. and 7pm on Sat!!

Oh it is :jameo: some nights... I think I would be better if I just pick up an officer at the line and have them ride with me!! :killingme

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Stop, really. So you call 911, report an erratic driver...and then what?

I've seen it work..

Full size VAN racing down 235, almost takes a out a car at the intersection of Chancellor's Run while trying to pass everyone in the turn lane..

They caught him before he made it to Great Mills Rd..

It CAN work, just depends on how bad the situation is, and if someone is available to get them.

USUALLY there is a cop in the vicinity if you are on 235 between Rte 4 and the Base.

lilredhearts

mr blue truck would of def caused an accident if he wouldnt of been stopped. Im glad a took 2 mins of my time to call him in.