BlueJays now contenders in AL East...

Beta84

They're out to get us
The Blue Jays just picked up 5 players from the Marlins, instantly making them a contender. As a (former) Marlins fan that just started following the O's this year, I needed somewhere to vent my frustration . Not only did the Marlins sell off their entire team (for the 3rd bleeping time!), but gave them to the damn Blue Jays!

The Blue Jays are going to be pretty good next year, but hopefully the O's can handle it and keep building.

For the record, the Jays only really lost Escobar (mediocre SS) and got Reyes (a much better SS), Buerhle (P), Johnson (P), and Bonifacio (OF/2B and crazy fast). They're going to have a really good pitching rotation at the very least.

:tantrum:burning::cussing:

Since I started following the O's and Nats this year, I guess it's time to pick a new team.

/rant

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
The Blue Jays just picked up 5 players from the Marlins, instantly making them a contender. As a (former) Marlins fan that just started following the O's this year, I needed somewhere to vent my frustration . Not only did the Marlins sell off their entire team (for the 3rd bleeping time!), but gave them to the damn Blue Jays!

The Blue Jays are going to be pretty good next year, but hopefully the O's can handle it and keep building.

For the record, the Jays only really lost Escobar (mediocre SS) and got Reyes (a much better SS), Buerhle (P), Johnson (P), and Bonifacio (OF/2B and crazy fast). They're going to have a really good pitching rotation at the very least.

:tantrum:burning::cussing:

Since I started following the O's and Nats this year, I guess it's time to pick a new team.

/rant

Contenders? The Marlins suck and most of the Marlins players suck.

Beta84

They're out to get us

Did you see who they picked up? The Marlins may have been a bad team last year, but they had a bunch of players who had career bad seasons and bad luck. Johnson, Buerhle, and Reyes are pretty good players, and Bonifacio is a pretty quality leadoff hitter. Buck isn't that great but he's had some good years.

warneckutz

Did you see who they picked up? The Marlins may have been a bad team last year, but they had a bunch of players who had career bad seasons and bad luck. Johnson, Buerhle, and Reyes are pretty good players, and Bonifacio is a pretty quality leadoff hitter. Buck isn't that great but he's had some good years.

I didn't know anyone still watched baseball. :shrug:

donbarzini

Typical.

For everybody else in this thread, The Jays GM must have had pictures of Beinfest with a goat or something. Johnson and Buehrle give them the pitching. BUUUUUUT just read that the front runner for the manager position is Manny Acta, so they're right back where they started from

Well, the didn't hire Acta, but they did hire a guy who managed for them before. His lifetime record is .500(305-305). He couldn't get them above 2nd place with the likes of AJ Burnett in his prime and Troy Glaus. So they're probably looking at 3rd place at best this season.

Last edited: