Blues for Kwilla

BOP

One of my all time favorites, Big Mama did "Hound Dog" before Elvis, and did it better.

A who's who of the blues:

Last edited:

BOP

I just found the same youtube! I could listen to them all night! Now I'm listening to I smell a rat! :lol:

One word: Pandora.com

I pay the 36.00 for the year, and have unlimited listening (shuts off with no input at 5 hours - "are you still listening?"). Created a radio station called "Big Mama Thornton. Hours and hours of her and her contemporaries. It's awesome! :yahoo:

One word: Pandora.com

I pay the 36.00 for the year, and have unlimited listening (shuts off with no input at 5 hours - "are you still listening?"). Created a radio station called "Big Mama Thornton. Hours and hours of her and her contemporaries. It's awesome! :yahoo:
Hmmm... going to have to check into that... I'd love to build my own "station" of my own artist selections!

BOP

Two great interpretations of a fantastic song. I can't tell whose I like better. Maybe Big Mama's by a nose.

Two great interpretations of a fantastic song. I can't tell whose I like better. Maybe Big Mama's by a nose.

Can't decide which version I like better... they both have their own flavor. I'd put them both on the same playlist without missing a beat! :yay:

BOP

Hmmm... going to have to check into that... I'd love to build my own "station" of my own artist selections!

The only thing I don't like is that i put it on to go to sleep by, and 5 hours later, it shuts off until I click "I'm still listening." It's got its idiosyncrasies, but overall, it's great.

I caught James Cotton live at the Hagerstown Bluesfest a few years back and that old man can still rock the blues! Love his Chicago blues sound!

Interesting! I'm supposed to go to a three day concert next weekend and this band is playing Friday night... interesting indeed...

BOP

Home grown

Speaking of home grown...from my home town (San Diego), the Beat Farmers. Lead singer is no longer with us, sadly.

BOP

I'd Rather Go Blind

Etta James has a version she does with Dr. John that'll make your hair stand up. I'll dig around youtube for it. Meanwhile, the Queen, Koko does it excellently.

Here it is. You know you're somebody when B.B. King introduces you! :yahoo:

PS: Beyonce can't hold a candle to Miss Etta!

PPS: this is an electric performance by Miss Etta and the Doctor!

:getdown:

Last edited:
Etta James has a version she does with Dr. John that'll make your hair stand up. I'll dig around youtube for it. Meanwhile, the Queen, Koko does it excellently.

Here it is. You know you're somebody when B.B. King introduces you! :yahoo:

PS: Beyonce can't hold a candle to Miss Etta!

PPS: this is an electric performance by Miss Etta and the Doctor!

:getdown:
That is my ALL-TIME favorite Etta James song... love that live combo! I would have just melted in my seat to have experienced that live!