Bluetooth Question

mizteresa1965

So, last night my girls and I were in my car, wanted to call hubby to tell him we were on the way home. I hit the Bluetooth button in my car, which now I know you should do when no one is talking, and now the language has changed to French, and I can't get it back. The girls were talking, and somehow it thought I wanted to change the language, before I could say no, it did. Any suggestions? Do you think the Dodge dealer can reset a bluetooth?

onebdzee

off the shelf
So, last night my girls and I were in my car, wanted to call hubby to tell him we were on the way home. I hit the Bluetooth button in my car, which now I know you should do when no one is talking, and now the language has changed to French, and I can't get it back. The girls were talking, and somehow it thought I wanted to change the language, before I could say no, it did. Any suggestions? Do you think the Dodge dealer can reset a bluetooth?

I'm sure it came with some sort of instruction book....if not google the make and model of the vehicle "+" bluetooth instructions

glhs837

Power with Control
Hang tight, we can fix this:) What model year vehicle and system is it? Ah, thing I have it

8. I changed the language by accident. How do I change it back?

a. First, press the (Voice Recognition) button that has the graphic of a person speaking.

b. After the prompt, say "system setup."

c. Press the (Voice Recognition) button again.

d. After the prompt, say "English, Spanish, French, German, Italian or Dutch" to change to that language.

Try that, let me know if it doesnt work.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Hang tight, we can fix this:) What model year vehicle and system is it? Ah, thing I have it

b. After the prompt, say "system setup."

Try that, let me know if it doesnt work.

It says it in French....how will she know that it is saying this if she doesn't speak French

*giggle*

Severa

Common sense ain't common
It says it in French....how will she know that it is saying this if she doesn't speak French

*giggle*

Freetranslation.com is your friend...."system setup" in French SHOULD sound something like "configuration du système" (good luck on pronunciation there *S*) and "english" in French should sound like "anglais"

glhs837

Power with Control
She doesn't need to, only needs to hear it speak, then do the next step. French or Croation, its not the key. To put it like I would a checklist, action and response....

Before staring this you have to turn the system on, same button you use to initiate a call, all button presses after that are the face with sound lines coming out of the mouth.

1. Press button - System speaks (the prompt)

2. Say "System Setup"

3. Press button - System speaks (the second prompt)

4. Say "English"

You don't need to understand the prompts, the system follows the same pattern no matter the language.

Okay, just did this with my 2006 Dodge. Prompts were a bit different, I had to say Setup instead of system Setup, I think the instructions above were for a 2008-2010 model, which has a MyGig infotainment system. But I was able to get my system into French and back in about 2 minutes.

Miz, let me know which model year you have, and we can sort it out.

smilin

BOXER NATION
New Government program to teach the unwashed a foreign language. If you don't want to learn it, send a check for $2500 to get instructions on how to opt out.

OR

Pres 1 for English etc

This is great; I could go on and on...
:lmao: