boarding barns

devinej

Hiya, I'm new. I need some suggestions on boarding barns in St. Mary's county. I might be moving there in a couple months or so and I've got two horses attatched to me. I'm a poor grad student, so are there any barns with less expensive boarding options like field board or places that let you do part or all of the care for your horse?
Or, anyone who needs an extra hand for training ponies or horses or kids, basic dressage, hunters, jumpers, eventing, mucking stalls, I'm an all-arounder, most experience in starting and bringing along green ponies, the Woodlands ponies if you know them. And mucking stalls.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Julie Devine
:howdy:

Duckz

devinej said:
Hiya, I'm new. I need some suggestions on boarding barns in St. Mary's county. I might be moving there in a couple months or so and I've got two horses attatched to me. I'm a poor grad student, so are there any barns with less expensive boarding options like field board or places that let you do part or all of the care for your horse?
Or, anyone who needs an extra hand for training ponies or horses or kids, basic dressage, hunters, jumpers, eventing, mucking stalls, I'm an all-arounder, most experience in starting and bringing along green ponies, the Woodlands ponies if you know them. And mucking stalls.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Julie Devine
:howdy:

Glen Mary Farm boards horses, but you do all the feeding and care (from what I understand -- I've never been there). It's off of rt. 5, south of Great Mills Road. I think board there is less than $200. A Moment in Time in Leonardtown has field board for a reasonable price -- around $250/month. Food, worming, and some farrier work is included. Good luck!

Drafthorselover

Hello,
You might want to check the somd.com under horses they have a person who is advertizing a 4 acre feild and barn for 125 a month board.
Drafthorselover

devinej

thanks again. so i tried to call wit and folly farm at 3013738441 as I've searched and found their number on this forum but i reallllly think it was the wrong number. Does anyone know their current phone number?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
devinej said:
thanks again. so i tried to call wit and folly farm at 3013738441 as I've searched and found their number on this forum but i reallllly think it was the wrong number. Does anyone know their current phone number?

She is not taking boaders(I will ask to make sure)...that number is correct...

devinej

thanks for asking! it was strange whoever answered the phone I don't think understood what i was saying and kept saying no no or something like that. i checked to make sure i dialed right...i did...

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
devinej said:
thanks for asking! it was strange whoever answered the phone I don't think understood what i was saying and kept saying no no or something like that. i checked to make sure i dialed right...i did...

You called the barn you got one of the "Mexicans" No speakie english... :lmao:

devinej

OHHH that would make sense wouldn't it haha. oops. poor guy.

I'm not sure of the exact location where i'll be but hopefully somewhere close to where i'll be interning, which is between hollywood and oraville near rt 235.

Duckz

devinej said:
OHHH that would make sense wouldn't it haha. oops. poor guy.

I'm not sure of the exact location where i'll be but hopefully somewhere close to where i'll be interning, which is between hollywood and oraville near rt 235.

Hmmm, I'm not that familiar with places at the north end of the county :ohwell: Have you had any luck calling around yet?

devinej

I have actually, I've got a next door neighbor to the woman i'd be interning with, she has space, though she's never boarded before. And Flat Iron farm is a potential, Free Spirit Farm, and still need to contact St.Mary's and Glen Mary, though i think the best choice would be the next door neighbor! i'm going to visit them in a couple weeks.
thanks for your help!
Julie