Boarding Facilities..

K

Katie

Ok I know of someone that is looking for a new barn to board her horse. She is very particular with the care of her horse. She wants people who remember to do the little things for the horses.

She is boarding somewhere already, but is looking for a new facility. Give me some feedback of some barns in the area that are professional, well-run, clean, and take the horses care seriously.

It doesn't need an indoor, but a riding ring, and turnout is a must. It will be full board, with stall privileges.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I'd get in touch with Susie Hance Wells at Taney Place Farm. It's in Prince Frederick. I think she's listed.

fredsaid2

Katie said:
Ok I know of someone that is looking for a new barn to board her horse. She is very particular with the care of her horse. She wants people who remember to do the little things for the horses.

She is boarding somewhere already, but is looking for a new facility. Give me some feedback of some barns in the area that are professional, well-run, clean, and take the horses care seriously.

It doesn't need an indoor, but a riding ring, and turnout is a must. It will be full board, with stall privileges.

What kind of 'little things' is she looking for, I.E. like blanketing? Any particular part of St. Mary's, north...south? What's her dicipline? Is she particular about the ring, does she want trail access?

K

Katie

fredsaid2 said:
What kind of 'little things' is she looking for, I.E. like blanketing? Any particular part of St. Mary's, north...south? What's her dicipline? Is she particular about the ring, does she want trail access?

Little Things
1. Water in the buckets and clean.
2. Fly Spraying in the AM
3. Cleaning the stalls more than once a week

Ring
Not real particular. Would like an indoor, but not neccessary.

Trail Access Not at this moment.

Type of riding: English no jumping

She is going to look at one place probably this week. I already told her negative on one place she mentioned. I know the type of facilities she wants and this place wouldn't have met it.

fredsaid2

Arabesque (301-475-6882) is in Leonardtown, Nelson waterers in the stalls, dressage sz ring, good turnout.

Fyrefox (sp?) is behind AMIT, beautiful barn, large sand/grass ring.

Holly Point in Valley Lee, don't know how management is now but I hear they are at/near capacity so perhaps they're now on track.

Don't know Northern St. Mary's, maybe another can give suggestions.

Have your friend check the Equiery listings for other barns.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
Katie said:

Persimmon Creek Farm - - Excellent people and super nice trails. :flowers:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Busterduck said:
Persimmon Creek Farm - - Excellent people and super nice trails. :flowers:
:yay:
Now THAT's the way you recommend a facility :biggrin:
giving a little info on WHY it's nice, or why you add your good housekeeping seal of approval...

Last edited:

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
For whoever gave me red - - you know who you are - - - I am particular; very particular.

Just sharing an opinion. Lots of love to you; you probably need it. :huggy: :flowers:

TotalControl

Leap Of Faith Farm
Best Place To Board

I can say whole heartedly the best place to board is PCF .. My daughter and I board there and I never have to worry about my horses ... For instance I was worried about the weather today and thought about calling but when I went down to the barn all the horses were in out of the heat :yahoo: . Except my daughters who was happily running the farm grazing (she hates stalls) As far as blanketing never have to worry just give Percy a temp and your horse will be blanketed , she is always washing out the water tanks , giving meds and just over all takes great care of all the horses...Trails are great, out door lighted ring and small round pen.... You Go Girl :diva:

barncat

WildHorses said:
You're absolutely right, Susie is the best! :flowers:

Susie is wonderful. She leased my horse for a while and took excellent care of him. She is very detailed with the care she provides and will bend over backwards to ensure the horses are happy.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
TotalControl said:
I can say whole heartedly the best place to board is PCF .. My daughter and I board there and I never have to worry about my horses ... For instance I was worried about the weather today and thought about calling but when I went down to the barn all the horses were in out of the heat :yahoo: . Except my daughters who was happily running the farm grazing (she hates stalls) As far as blanketing never have to worry just give Percy a temp and your horse will be blanketed , she is always washing out the water tanks , giving meds and just over all takes great care of all the horses...Trails are great, out door lighted ring and small round pen.... You Go Girl :diva:
:blushing:

mingiz

Horse Poor
If I had to board PCF would be my choice. :yay: Nice trails, nice farm! :notworthy It's the ideal place to board for trail riding. :high5: