Boarding question

SPF001

Here is my question:

I am one animal shy of what I need to get an ag exemption for my property. I am thinking about finding someone to board a horse here. I am looking for a low maintance boarder. We only trail ride and haven't really done much of that in the last year.

What do you think a reasonable amount for board is? At our old place we did 100 buck a month plus feed and hay, but that was a few years ago.

What are your thoughts.

Simple Pleasures Farm

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I just picked up my first boarder..I charge her $250 she has a 12 X 12 stall I feed and hay as needed stall picked 3 X day and I am home all the time..She is out on good days/nights..hope this helps..I feel I can NOT feed one for much under $150 I also pay for her wormer and keep her on my worming schedule..

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
I have one full care boarder- hay/feed/stall and I charge 300/mo/horse. My other boarder is self care- 150/mo/horse.. she does everything and buys her own feed/hay. So she basically just rents the stalls and the paddock. My barn is decent with tack/feedroom but I don't have much else to offer.. no wash stall or fancy riding ring but I have decent fields, auto waterer and a grass riding area with a few jumps. We also have great trails that lead us to the beach and swim the river. So it depends on what you have to offer, type of feed, hay, turnout, shelter, and most important, your time and maintenance.

devinej

when i was looking for a place to do self care board, i was looking for $100/month, i would buy hay and grain, etc, but if you can find someone who will pay $150/month for self care, that's probably fair depending on your property, pasture space, amenitities (i wouldn't pay that much for a small paddock, but for large pasture i'd think about it, especially if there's running hot and cold water at the barn...and a riding ring,...and trails...).

SPF001

thanks for the help. I didn't want to be out of touch. We have 2-3 acre pastures we rotate the horses thru. I am still looking to see if the trails around St. Mary's collage are available to horses.