Boarding?!?!?!

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
OK guys... I am looking in to buying a new horse and need some help finding a good boarding facility!

I live in Chesapeake Beach (Calvert County) and in the past I have driven as far as Lusby and La Plata to get to my horse. But I DO NOT want to have to drive that far any more - after a 2 hour commute home the last thing I want is to have to drive another hour just to see my hossy! :frown:

So, Im looking for a place anywhere between Huntingtown (even as far as Prince Frederick) and Upper Marlboro area (but only because its basically on my way home from work lol). I need a riding arena (preferrably an indoor), turn out, daily stalls cleaned, all the normal stuff.... but here's the kicker: It can't break the bank! :-X :nomoney: Lucky Cricket Farm is close to me and they are REALLY nice but they are going up to $575/month beginning 5/1/10... Which is just too pricey.

I'm kinda in a panic!!! HELP GUYS, HELPPP!!!!! :jameo:

Robin

OK guys... I am looking in to buying a new horse and need some help finding a good boarding facility!

I live in Chesapeake Beach (Calvert County) and in the past I have driven as far as Lusby and La Plata to get to my horse. But I DO NOT want to have to drive that far any more - after a 2 hour commute home the last thing I want is to have to drive another hour just to see my hossy! :frown:

So, Im looking for a place anywhere between Huntingtown (even as far as Prince Frederick) and Upper Marlboro area (but only because its basically on my way home from work lol). I need a riding arena (preferrably an indoor), turn out, daily stalls cleaned, all the normal stuff.... but here's the kicker: It can't break the bank! :-X :nomoney: Lucky Cricket Farm is close to me and they are REALLY nice but they are going up to $575/month beginning 5/1/10... Which is just too pricey.

5-600 is the norm for board in those areas with the amenities and care you are looking for. Don't buy a horse, how about leasing?

PrepH4U

Does anyone know if it is open yet? I need to get my dog neutered and my new kitten spayed (I think she's a girl! :confused:) and the vets around here are just outrageously priced! :ohwell:

did you find a contact who could help you get your pets s/n'd?

No, unfortunately. Do you happen to have any ideas?

I hope you realize that horse vet bills are not cheap :shrug:

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
I hope you realize that horse vet bills are not cheap :shrug:

I've had horses for 14 years. I'm not exactly new to the idea nor the cost. :smack:

Can you blame me for trying to save some cash when it comes to boarding/spaying/neutering??????

KVF323

I've had horses for 14 years. I'm not exactly new to the idea nor the cost. :smack:

Can you blame me for trying to save some cash when it comes to boarding/spaying/neutering??????
i asked what kind of horse u are looking for because my Mom is looking for someone to take hers. and u keep talking about trying to save money.

fredsaid2

Check the listings in the Equiery. Hope you find something but doubt you'll find it cheap since you want an indoor.

Duckz

I boarded at Merrymount in Upper Marlboro years ago. The website says it's currently $425/mo. They have an indoor and all the other stuff you're looking for.