Boarding

ewashkow

Hello horse people. I am currently in the market for a horse but of course, you need a place to board before you buy. Based off of the below critera, please give me your suggestions.

-Under $500 per month.
-I would prefer full care.
-Trails on site or nearby.
-Lessons offered. I have ridden off and on for years but I need to get the rust off.
-I am not interested in showing or jumping.
-I am interested in learning about CTR and Endurance.
-I would like it to be a 30 minute or so drive from Lusby. No further than an hour each way.

So please, any suggestions or input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Duckz

Hello horse people. I am currently in the market for a horse but of course, you need a place to board before you buy. Based off of the below critera, please give me your suggestions.

-Under $500 per month.
-Lessons offered. I have ridden off and on for years but I need to get the rust off.
-I would like it to be a 30 minute or so drive from Lusby. No further than an hour each way.

If you're okay with full care field board, A Moment In Time has access to really nice trails. They have a big lesson program.

Woodbury Equestrian Center has stall board but the trails aren't extensive. If you have a trailer it's easy to get to the park with a lake you can ride around. There are some good instructors available.

Both are in Leonardtown, about half an hour away from Lusby. Both are under $500/mo. I have boarded horses at both facilities.

Cage Stables in St. Leonard might also work well for you and the trails are great. I believe it's recently under new management.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I am $175 mo...ring..trails..barn...we do alot of riding will even do some endurance training with ya...20 min from lusby.

moose1

Country Haven in St. Leonard has a wonderful facility and the owners are great! They have trails, and a nice outdoor with lights. Board is very reasonable!:howdy:

highnote

cage stables in st leonard has a lot of trails and waterfront too (with a beach you can ride on... a rarity to find these days!). Not sure about full care options, price, etc.

You could also check out Persimmon Creek Farm in mechanicsville. They have a lot of trails, and most of the boarders are trail riders, so many also trailer out to organized trail rides frequently. Its full care and under $500, not sure about the distance from you.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Thanks Highnote.........Hi ewashkow, Persimmon Creek Farm is a private fun farm in mechanicsville with lots of trails right here. I have a variety of lease horses if you are not ready to purchase. Its a much cheaper way to jump back into horses rather than buying right away.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Thanks Highnote.........Hi ewashkow, Persimmon Creek Farm is a private fun farm in mechanicsville with lots of trails right here. I have a variety of lease horses if you are not ready to purchase. Its a much cheaper way to jump back into horses rather than buying right away.

Percimmon is a great place great trails...and the owner is cool too....I also have a lease horse or two also...

mangogirl

El ammal in charlotte hall is a great place to board. The owner is one of the founders of the old dominion ride. He rides in 50 and 100 mile rides. Great trainer and place to board.

lovemyber135

-Under $500 per month.

i PMed you :)

LoveHerSmiles

There is also Susie Hance-Wells (Taney Place Farm) in Prince Frederick and Dakota's Legacy Stables in Leonardtown....just two more options to add to the list!