With detachable wheels for secluded water
b1.jpg

With 6 HP 4 stroke gas engine
b1.jpg

Folded up for travel
b1.jpg

littlelady

God bless the USA
From everything I have read in your forum, it seems you have been planning for a long time, and have it down to a T. It is hard not to be jealous. Good planning. Think of all of us house bounds when you are on the road! :smile:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Awesome.

How do you keep the freezer powered?

I plug it in when I get to the campground. There is an exterior plug on the RV. That's where I stow all my salmon & halibut. Closed it will stay frozen for 2 days.

Now if I can just figure out a way to out fish Vrai.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I plug it in when I get to the campground. There is an exterior plug on the RV. That's where I stow all my salmon & halibut. Closed it will stay frozen for 2 days.

You have thought out everything.
Wishing you both lots of fun and exciting times.

Monello

PREMO Member
You have thought out everything.

It's been a few years of trial and error. The first long trip I tried to take the boat assembled. This way the parts would all be together and wouldn't take up needed space. But since the boat isn't 100% rigid, it was hard to tie down. So that idea got dumped pretty quick.

I often see how other campers utilize different things. No sense in reinventing the wheel. Since space is limited it's important to make good use of the space without becoming the Beverly Hillbillies.

Monello

PREMO Member
Never seen a boat like that. Thanks for sharing.

I highly recommend it, especially if storing it is an issue. I know 1 other person on the forum has the same type of boat. They are very popular with RVers due to their compact size. Best part is that it fits in the bed of my truck and I can launch and recover it by myself. I've caught a lot of different species of fish from that boat.

Christy

b*tch rocket
That is a crazy boat. What is the brand? Where did you buy it? I think I might want one for fishing. :yay:

Monello

PREMO Member
That is a crazy boat. What is the brand? Where did you buy it? I think I might want one for fishing. :yay:

It's called a porta-bote. After doing some research it seemed to be the best fit for me. It's pretty light. I ordered it online. The boat comes in 4 sizes. 8, 10, 12 & 14 feet models. Comes with 2 paddles. I got 2 swivel seats plus an anchor, landing net, fish finder, trolling motor & gas engine. In for a penny, in for a pound.